Year 5 - The Noble & Most Ancient House of Black

Mrs. Weasley follows us upstairs looking grim.

"I want you all to go straight to bed, no talking," she says as we reach the first landing. "We've got a busy day tomorrow. I expect Ginny's asleep," she adds to Hermione and myself, "so try not to wake her up."

We bade everyone goodnight and walk into the room. Ginny sitting up upon hearing us coming in.

Hermione and I walk to the one double bed we're sharing, as there is only two beds in a room.

"And? What did they say?" she asks expectantly.

Hermione shakes her head. "Sorry Ginny, let's talk a little later."

"Why won't anyone tell me anything," she huffs while laying back down, with her back towards us.

Hermione and I dress in our pyjamas and climb into bed, facing each other.

I close my eyes, hoping to fall asleep quickly instead I have a million thoughts running through my head.

I wander if Draco knows of the secret weapon. And what if the order cannot stop Voldemort before it gets too out of hand, none of us underaged wizards or witches will be prepared for it.

We'll be going to war with not nearly enough knowledge and it's going to cause a lot of unnecessary deaths. We'll have to do something amongst ourselves to at least somewhat prepare ourselves.

Why can't the Order see that it will be essential for us to gain more knowledge –

"Nyx," my sisters whisper puts my thinking to a halt.

I leisurely open my eyes. "Yeah?"

"Promise me..." she sighs softly, "if the Order isn't able to stop... Him, that... That you won't choose the wrong side."

"You forget Voldemort is only interested in purebloods following him right," I answer skeptically.

Hermione flinches.

"I know that. I mean that you won't go blindly do something that will end up getting yourself killed."

"You're asking me this because of Draco, aren't you?" My question being more rhetorical as I already know the answer.

I can see her slightly nodding in the dim lit room, from the moonlight shining through the windows.

"A blind person can even see how much you care for each other; especially with you two being so open about your friendship now. Which worries me," she says quietly.

"As I said before, I trust him," I breathe.

"You know that his loyalty to his father will never change. What if he's just pulling you along so it's easier to bring you to You-Know-Who when the time is ready."

I reposition myself to lie on my back, running a hand through my hair. My heart stinging at those words.

I let out an exasperated sigh before turning my head towards my sister. "You don't know Draco like I do."

"He's a Slytherin, they are cunning," she murmurs.

"I can be cunning too, or have you forgotten I'm also a Slytherin," I answer slightly agitated.

"But you're nothing like them, I know it. I'm just worried about you."

"Then all I ask is to have my back on this, please. Draco is not the person you all see him to be. He envies you all, that's why he acts the way that he does."

Not realizing until after the words have left my mouth that I have just told my sister something that I promised I will never tell anyone.

"He what?" she asks surprised. "That's a little hard to believe."