Year 4 - The First Triwizard Task

Rita Skeeter has published her piece about the Triwizard Tournament, which isn't much of a report on the tournament, but a highly colored life story of Harry, which sends most of the school in an uproar yet again.

Much of the front page is given over to a picture of Harry; the article, which continues on pages two, six, and seven, is also all about Harry, the names of the Beauxbatons and Durmstrang champions, even misspelled, have been squashed into the last line of the article and Cedric hasn't been mentioned at all.

"Not even one mention of Cedric, the one that actually entered, can you believe it," scoffs Tracey on the morning of reading the article.

"So much for it being about the tournament," I add.

"Once again it's all about Potter," moans Draco.

But Rita Skeeter has gone even further to report about his love life too, which comes as a shock to me:

'Harry has at last found love at Hogwarts. His close friend, Colin Creevey, says that Harry is rarely seen out of the company of one Hermione Granger, a stunningly pretty Muggle-born girl who, like Harry, is one of the top students in the school.'

I loudly burst out laughing when Tracey reads me that part of him being a top student. Never in my days that I've been here has he ever been a top student, I would love to know where that woman gets her information. And more so, the information about my sister and Harry, to which I confronted Hermione.

"Since when you and Harry? I always thought it was Ron you fancied," I ask her one day.

"I am not with Harry and neither do I have feelings for Ron," she defends. "That woman is just trying to make Harry's life more difficult by writing false statements."

And as the days pass on the students, us Slytherin's mainly, keep quoting at him as we pass him in the hallways and making sneering comments.

"Want a hanky, Potter, in case you start crying in Transfiguration?"

"Since when have you been one of the top students in the school or is this for the school that you used to enter the tournament, seeing that you're the only one in it?" I add into the lot, since a rumour has been going around that his name was entered under another schools name, which allowed him to be chosen for the tournament.

"Stunningly pretty? Her?" Pansy Parkinson feels the need to jab at my sister though after Rita's article appeared. "What was she judging against... A chipmunk?"

Hermione does her best to ignore the comments, holding her head in the air and stalking past the sniggering Slytherin girls. But Pansy is taking a jab at the wrong person's sister, so I end up jinxing her and having her end up in the infirmary once again with antlers growing out of her head.

Hermione starts complaining to me a lot about how furious she is with Ron and Harry, even though she still hasn't fully forgiven me for siding with Draco on the whole dungeon incident where her teeth were growing passed her collar. Ron thinking that Harry is enjoying the attention way too much and cannot believe that Harry didn't tell him about entering into the tournament; to which Hermione highly defends to me that he didn't enter himself, but instead someone else did.

Therefore, Ron isn't speaking to Harry and in turn she is going from one to the other, trying to force them to talk to each other. She tries to ask for my advice, but all I can tell her is to leave them be if they want to continue acting childish. Stressing herself over the matter isn't going to help either. She isn't very happy with my advice though.

Around all the chaos, time seems to have sped up and the days until the first task seems to slip by as though someone has fixed the clocks to work at double speed.