Year 5 - The Eye of the Snake

Sunday morning begins bright and early, with the icy water flowing beneath the frozen lake sending a chill throughout our common room, therefore the Slytherin's who aren't outside enjoying the snow are all settled in the warm common room by the fire doing homework, playing Gobstones or simply talking about the Quidditch match from the previous day.

Tracey and I head out towards the frozen lake through two feet of snow for some skating and we don't even manage to make it far out of the castle before we both get hit on the backs of our heads with bewitched snowballs.

I turn around to the source of giggling, Fred and George.

"Damn gits," Tracey laughs as we walk over to them.

"If that's an apology, it's a pretty lousy one indeed," I say crossing my arms, glaring at them. "Tracey, I think we should punish them for that lousy apology."

"I agree," she smirks.

"No, no, no, that's not –" They begin to protest.

Taking out her wand Tracey buries them in a heap of snow, silencing any objections.

Tracey and I bent over from laughing so hard.

"Okay we did deserve that," chuckles Fred as they manage to unbury themselves.

"But as we said before, we cannot stay angry at you for long." George smiles taking me into a bone breaking cold hug. "We were just really hurt yesterday."

"We're really, really sorry Nyx," Fred says joining the hug. "We just got so angry that we didn't even realise we were hurting you in the process."

"Do you guys need a room?" Tracey asks jokingly.

"Don't moan," Fred chuckles as he tugs on her arm pulling her into the group hug.

"This is heaven right now," she mumbles.

"Should I even ask," George speaks as he lets go, Tracey and me shivering now from their damp clothes.

"Oh, Tracey has had a huge crush on –"

Her hands clamp down onto my mouth faster than it takes Fred and George to Disapparate before their mother can get a hold of them in an argument.

"Don't mind what she's saying, I think the cold has gotten to her head," Tracey glares at me as she chuckles rather unsympathetically.

"On another note though," she speaks on shifting the focus away from her, "Nyx did clobber Parkinson for yesterday and she almost did the same to Draco as well."

"What!" the twins chorus.

"Oh, you have to tell us what happened!" George exclaims.

And so, Tracey recounts the story for them sparing no detail; how I walked in saying nothing and hit Pansy Parkinson straight in her face, and then rounded on Draco when he stopped me from walking upstairs almost slapping him as well.

"I wish we could get an action replay for that," George says happily.

And then she continues on, surprisingly to me, about how Draco told me that he is jealous over George and me and how I told him I will no longer defend him if he carries on this way, putting him on his place, retelling word for word what I said to him.

I stand there with my mouth ajar. "You were eavesdropping?"

"Actually," she says pointing a finger, "Parkinson was, her stupid cronies took my wand and held me back so I couldn't stop her. Although it was rather satisfactory to watch her when she heard Draco say he was jealous over you."