Year 3 - Christmas Holiday's

The following day I awake to an empty dormitory; all the Slytherin's have gone home for the holidays, including Draco and Tracey. Only I stayed behind with another fifth-year student.

I casually get out of bed, enjoying the quiet dormitory without Pansy always moaning in my ear about whatever next she found to blame on me. Styx still curled up amongst the covers.

Once dressed I head off towards the library, wanting to get some books for my homework.

I lazily stroll around as I look for the required books. The place eerily quiet with no student in sight. I run my finger along the spines of the books, searching for one on Charms.

The next thing I know I am being rudely turned around.

"Hey!"

A displeasing sight of Ron and Harry in front of me, Hermione nowhere to be seen. I moan as I look at Ron and Harry. "What does twiddle dee and twiddle dum want now?"

Ron takes an uneasy step towards me.

"I'm surprised to even see you two in the library. Books are as useful to you as a mirror is to a blind person," I continue in a mocking tone.

"God, you're just like him!" Ron rounds on me with his wand but comes short as Hermione, which has appeared from another isle, pulls him back.

"Ron! Leave my sister alone," she scolds. "I left you alone for two minutes!"

Harry turns to me, ignoring Hermione. "Have you been to Hagrid lately?"

"Listen to my sister and lower your wand Ron, I can outmatch you any day," I say as Ron's fists clench. I look at Harry next, noticing some pent-up anger boiling over with him. "No, I haven't, is something wrong?"

"Yes, you know just as well how much he loves his creatures and he's down there in his house crying his eyes out." Harry shoves a letter at me. I grab it before it falls to the ground.

I peer over it as Harry continues, "Buckbeak is possibly going to be killed if Hagrid cannot plead a good case for him. So here we are, having to help him gather facts to help avoid that because of what your Malfoy did."

"I can't believe I leave you two alone to go look for books and here I find you harassing my sister," Hermione reprimands Harry and Ron.

Harry turns to her. "Hermione, she deserves to know, she's friends with Hagrid too and with the idiot that's getting Buckbeak killed."

I look on between them all with a horror filled face. "What can I do to help?"

Ron snorts, "don't bother, you've done enough damage already. C'mon Harry let's go."

Ron and Harry turn on their feet and walk towards the library's exit.

I look up at Hermione. "Some friends you have."

"I'm sorry, I didn't know they were going to confront you. For what it's worth, I'll appreciate any help you can give," she says before waving goodbye and heading off after them.

I look down at the note once again. "I'm sorry Hagrid. I'll fix this, I promise," I mutter as I shove the note in my pocket.

I take a deep breathe in and out and then head off, with a new cause, towards the Restricted Section, knowing that Madam Pince lets me in there by myself without a problem now.

Through the next couple of days, the rest of the castle is decorated with the usual magnificent Christmas decorations, despite the fact that hardly any of the students remained to enjoy them.