Year 1 - End-of-Year

Our First-Year exams has finally approached.

The weather has begun warming up which is creating a sweltering hot heat in the large classroom where we are doing our written exams. Before each test we are given a special quill, which is bewitched with an Anti-Cheating spell.

Our practical exams are far better. Professor Flitwick calls us on one by one into his class to see if we can make a pineapple tap-dance across the desk. Professor McGonagall watches us all turn a mouse into a snuffbox; we are awarded points for how pretty the snuffbox is and points are taken away if it still has whiskers. And Snape breathes down all our necks as we all recreate a Forgetfulness potion.

Our very last exam is History of Magic; one hour of answering questions about batty old wizards who'd invented self-stirring cauldrons. Once Professor Binns tells us to put down our quills and roll up our parchment, we all give a small cheer as we exit the class.

Tracey catches up to me, stopping me in the courtyard. "I am pretty sure I failed that one. How'd it go for you?"

"As boring as Professor Binns makes it, I at least made the studying more interesting so that I ace my test."

Tracey rolls her eyes. "I don't know how you can remain so calm after these exams. The following week is going to be the most stressful while we wait for our results."

"I'm calm because I knew almost everything in the tests. I know for sure I made one or two mistakes in History of Magic and a few others in Herbology, but otherwise I'm confident."

Tracey grabs onto my left arm. "I think you need to borrow me some of your confidence." Smiling she lets go. "Anyways, where you off to now?"

"The twins mentioned that they'll be by the lake if I want to join them after my exams. You want to come with?" 

Tracey and I make our way down to the lake after heading to the common room to change out of our robes.

Hermione, Harry, and Ron come scrambling passed us towards the castle. We watch them disappear into the entrance hall. I sigh, "do I even want to know?"

I look over to Tracey as I answer myself, "no I don't. If it involves those three then probably not. I already lost House points before with them."

We reach a big old oak tree where the Weasley twins and Lee Jordan are tickling the tentacles of a giant squid, which is basking in the warm shallows.

Fred welcoming yells out, "care to join us finally?"

Tracey laughs beside me as I answer, "shall I go back then?" Fred and George come to a running halt in front of us. "I invited Tracey with."

"Hello," chorus the twins as they grab her in for a group hug.

Still laughing Fred takes note of a book I am holding, which I brought along with me from my room. He grabs it out of my hand as he scowls, "do you even know the definition of fun? How could you possibly want to read with this lovely weather?"

"Fred, give that back." I try grab my book, however with Fred being much taller he holds it out of reach from me.

The twins look at each other and nod; Without warning George bends down and lumbers me over his shoulder.

"George!" A piercing voice escapes from my throat as George marches towards the lake.

"No can-do Nyx. This is what happens when you spoil our fun with a book!" George breaks out into a sprint and within moments we both come towering down into the water.

Next thing I hear more bodies colliding with the water as I wipe some out of my face; Lee Jordan had taken Tracey over his shoulder and Fred had done a cannon ball into the water. George laughing uncontrollably that it is so infectious that I cannot help laughing along.