Year 4 - The Four Champions

Every single head in the Great Hall has turned to look at Harry Potter. He looks stunned. No applause rings throughout the Hall; some students are standing up to get a better look at him as he sits frozen in his seat. Draco scoffs frustrated; I know exactly what he is thinking – that Harry Potter has managed to break school rules yet again and everyone is going to just turn a blind eye.

Up at the top table, Professor McGonagall gets to her feet and sweeps past Ludo Bagman and Professor Karkaroff to whisper urgently to Professor Dumbledore, who bends his ear toward her, frowning slightly. Dumbledore straightens up, nodding to Professor McGonagall.

"Harry Potter!" he calls again. "Harry! Up here if you please!"

Hermione gives Harry a slight push. He then gets to his feet, trips on the hem of his robes and stumbles slightly. He sets off up the gap between the Gryffindor and Hufflepuff tables. All eyes on him as he reaches Dumbledore.

"Well... Through the door, Harry," says Dumbledore. He isn't smiling.

Harry moves off along the teachers' table and goes through the door out of the Great Hall.

Dumbledore then addresses us, "that is all for this evening. Everyone can head back to their common rooms. Good night."

The moment Dumbledore dismisses us, the Great Hall fills with a buzz unlike any other as we all head back to our common rooms; everyone trying to figure out how Harry hoodwinked the system that some of them tried so hard at doing, or why he is able to continuously get away with breaking school rules.

Our House is certainly getting tired of him trying to play the hero that the discussions continue long into the night.

Nearing midnight Tracey and I are still seated in one of the corner tables, our conversation topic now steered towards the Durmstrang students.

"I bumped into one of the Durmstrang students at breakfast, his name is Aleksi. Very handsome, and we struck up a conversation. I'm thinking of asking him to join me when we go to Hogsmeade. So, I probably won't be joining you," she babbles on.

"That's okay, I'm going with George on our next trip anyway," I add, indifferently.

"Just you and George?" she asks with a raised eyebrow.

I nod.

"What! Where is the excitement? You sound like it's going to be a bore," answers Tracey.

"No not at all," I say shaking my head, "I'm definitely excited, it's just –"

"Nyx. Davis. Come join me." Draco's voice pulls me from our conversation.

I was too busy daydreaming while speaking to Tracey that I didn't even notice that he is still sitting on the couch by the fireplace.

"Oh, I see," whispers Tracey as we get up.

"Don't even think of it," I bite back quietly.

As we near Draco I ask, "I thought you went to bed already?"

He sits up and pats the seat next to him for me. "No, I felt like lying out here for a while. In the peace and quiet once it eventually came. Crabbe and Goyle snore so loud you can't hear yourself think."

I sit down as he continues, "I also thought you went to bed already. Until I heard your voices travel this way."

He lays back down placing his head on my lap, which takes me by surprise; the last time he did this was a few weekends back in the Thestral paddock, we were talking about after we finish school, and he lay down asking me to stroke his hair. He told me that day that it calms him, and his mother used to do it when he was younger.