Year 3 - The Leaky Cauldron

I won't say that the last two years of Hogwarts has been boring. We certainly have had our fair share of friendships that has formed and adventures.

Hermione helped Harry to stop Voldemort in our first year; their friendship was formed when we all had a run in with a troll in the girls' bathroom. However, I cannot say that I count them as my friends.

Ron seems to find problems in everything especially when I'm around, never failing to point out that I'm a Slytherin and that they shouldn't be so trusting of me. And Harry seems to only ever think of himself. I've never gotten along very well with them unlike Hermione.

But that doesn't matter as I have formed my own friendships. I have Tracey which helps me torment Pansy when she becomes quite a handful, although surprisingly she left me alone most of my second year.

I also have George and Fred to which we mostly sneak off to undertake the pranks we have meticulously always planned out or discussing their business they hope to open up one day; to which the plans are flourishing wonderfully.

And then there is Draco... A star student with a terrible temper. He doesnt always think before he speaks and tends to end up hurting me unintentionally because of it. He does have a sweet side to him though, and he always finds a way to apologize and make up for the mistakes.

Then in our second year Ron, Harry, and I (surprisingly) had a run in with a giant spider Aragog; trying to uncover what monster was lurking from within the Chamber of Secrets. While Hermione laid frozen in the infirmary. Luckily all the students that had been attacked could be saved.

I never would have guessed that Hogwarts would be this exciting.

Once Hermione and I get back from our second year at Hogwarts, our parents announce that we will be going to France for our summer holiday in celebration of our outstanding grades - This time Hermione, Draco, and I all received the highest marks of the second-year students.

While in France we go to all the tourist attractions we can fit into our holiday, leaving time open for the beach as well. Hermione as usual is sprouting out all kinds of facts about the wizards in France and what they have accomplished.

A lot of the time I also have my nose buried in some books I took for some reading over the holidays, once our homework was finished for the new school year.

Hermione and I also send and receive a lot of letters over the holiday. Hermione's is mainly with Ron as she explained that Harry can't use the owl service. However, one day Hedwig flew into our room, so she sent the Broomstick Servicing Kit she ordered via owl service with Hedwig for Harry's birthday – she had originally planned on giving it to him when we depart for Hogwarts.

The twins don't send much letters as they are on holiday in Egypt with their family, touring multiple tombs. They explained in one letter that they will tell me all about it when they are back.

A new owl also starts frequently coming through with letters from Draco, Hermione is obviously suspicious as I don't tell her who it's from. But I'm pretty sure she's already guessed it.

Styx absolutely loves the trip with us as he was usually always locked up in the common room back at Hogwarts. So, the fresh air and scenery of France certainly makes him a little less grumpy.

I also take some time to sit and sketch some moving landscapes of France which I send off to Draco and the twins.

Even while in France, Hermione and I cannot wait to get back to Hogwarts for another year of learning and adventures.

On the last day of the holidays, we make our way to Diagon Alley to stock up on school supplies; Hermione splitting off the moment we walk into the cramped streets to search for Harry and Ron.