Year 5 - Educational Decree Number Twenty-four

The last burst of autumn sunshine persists the following day, with it being Sunday I decide to stop my homework early and drag the twins out with me.

I'm still a little nervous around Fred since our kiss yesterday and once we got back from Hogsmeade I made haste to not be around any of them. I just needed to clear my head after that, not that my time alone helped as it just kept circling back around to the kiss.

And then I started thinking if Fred's kiss was teasing in every manner, how will George kiss. Will it be soft and gentle like him or will it be the same? And that's when I gave up and went to Tracey to try and distract me.

In the end I concluded that no matter what I do, I feel the same about George and Fred. At this point in time I have no way of knowing who I would pick between the two...

"Where are we going?" asks George as I tug them along across the castle grounds.

"Into the forest and no I'm not telling you why," I answer as we head towards the Forbidden Forest.

I walk deep into the forest with the twins following close behind, none of us saying much. It's like I've run out of things to say and it's all because of yesterday.

All I know is I hate keeping this from George so Fred better tell him soon otherwise I will. I can't keep this from him especially since he was so honest about how he felt about me.

Fred also seems a little tense being in my company, but as he admitted he also needs to work through his feelings for me.

This is the reason why I'm so uncertain about doing this type of thing with friends because I don't want to lose them as friends just because of a relationship.

When we're close enough to the Thestral paddock I turn around and stop them.

"Right, there is obviously a reason why I brought us all the way out here," I say looking at both of them.

"Is this about your Animagus you decided to hide from us," George says in a hurtful tone.

"Yes, now Fred had his say yesterday –" my voice catches in my throat as my mind immediately jumps to the kiss.

Stop it! I scold my mind, peering over to Fred. I can feel myself blushing.

I clear my throat. "So, now it's your turn George," I say looking at him with what I hope is a convincing innocent look.

"Okay," he answers. "Why didn't you tell us?"

"I was being selfish. I know when I started studying that I promised you that I'd tell you and even after the whole story with Ludo Bagman we promised each other no secrets. But I honestly was being selfish," I answer bluntly.

"I get that you would not want a lot of people knowing, but you know you can trust us not to tell anyone," his voice breaking slightly.

I nod, not able to form words a third time round from hearing the same words just from different people.

George tugs on my arm pulling me into a hug. He squeezes tight as he says, "I forgive you though."

I ask once he lets go, "why?"

"You're our best friend, we can't stay mad at you for long. It's too difficult, right Fred?" George asks his brother.

"Exactly." Fred smiles crossing his arms. "But we discussed it and you must know that it cut us deep not being told this from someone we consider family. So, we will hold this against you forever."

"Yes," George confirms. "However, what matters is you came clean now. And you're going to show us your form, right?"

"Yes," I smile, breathing a sigh of relief.