Year 5 - Seen and Unforeseen

With the month building up to warmer weather so comes the first Quidditch match since the Christmas holidays, Gryffindor against Hufflepuff.

And the very best thing, for the Gryffindor's, that you can say about the match is that it was short; the Gryffindor spectators had to endure only twenty-minutes of agony. However, it certainly has lifted our spirits in the Slytherin house.

It is difficult to say which was the best thing to watch: Ron's fourteenth failed save, one of the new Beaters missing the Bludger but hitting Angelina in the mouth with his bat, or Kirke shrieking and falling backwards off his broom as Zacharias Smith zooms at him carrying the Quaffle.

Despite all the odds they only lost by ten points; Ginny managed to snatch the Snitch from right under Hufflepuff Seekers nose, so that the final score is two hundred and forty versus two hundred and thirty.

All us Slytherin's left the stadium booming another chorus of "Weasley Is Our King", as we are now in favourite of winning the Quidditch Cup.

The twins sidle up next to me a little while after the match while I'm making my way to the library, humming the chorus.

Fred says, "you know, Quidditch was about the only thing in this place worth staying f– Don't tell me you support that song as well."

"It's a catchy tune, I can't help it. Plus, we're in the lead to win," I protest, readjusting the strap of my bag on my shoulder.

"Look what it's done George, now that we not in the Gryffindor team Nyx has lost all hope and has had to turn to the Slytherin's," Fred says painfully.

"It's a disgrace," George adds.

"Guys, you know I've always rooted for my House first." I roll my eyes at them. "Anyways, you guys still haven't decided about your N.E.W.T.s?"

"We haven't really broken the news to Mum yet," George shrugs a little shamefully.

"We have definitely decided though that we aren't going to fuss about the exams," answers Fred. "As you know the Snackboxes are ready to roll and we've managed to get rid of the boils."

"Soon we'll have enough money for the shop and then we can fully produce all our other products." Beams George.

"That's great, I can't wait! I have so many more ideas," I answer excitedly. "I have all the plans drawn up, so say the word and I'll hand over the papers as soon as you're ready."

Monday morning Tracey and I enter the Great Hall for breakfast; the post owls already doing the rounds and some causing a commotion at the Gryffindor table in front of Harry.

Sitting down next to Draco, I notice a deepened scowl on his face. He looks more disconcerted than usual, eating his breakfast in silence.

"Draco, what's wrong?" I whisper as another seven owls land amongst the first ones, screeching, hooting, and flapping their wings.

"It's nothing." He shakes his head.

"Okay come on," I say grabbing his hand, pulling him out of his seat and walking out of the Great Hall.

"I was busy eating that," he protests as we walk through the entrance hall doors and out into the open.

Tracey rushing to catch up with us, a piece of toast dangling from her mouth and another in her one hand.

"I don't care," I say firmly, coming to a stop once we are the only three in front of the school. "Now tell me what is going on because I can see it's clearly something."