Year 4 - The Quidditch World Cup

Stepping out of the tent I am greeted by hordes of people walking about and scouting Salesmen carts. The afternoon sun beating down upon us.

Not knowing where to start I casually walk towards the Quidditch stadium that has been set up for the game later this evening. Walking amongst the tents and babbling people as they excitedly talk about the upcoming match. I occasionally look at the carts to see what there is as they pass me by.

One particular Salesman's cart catches my eye as it is sporting a ring that has nothing to do with the Quidditch teams.

"Excuse me," I say making him stop with his cart. I pick up the silver signet ring and study the fine details of the dragon on it that is slightly boldened out from the ring itself.

"Picked it up last year on my travels, been trying to sell it ever since," he comments.

"I'll take it." I beam.

After paying for the ring the Salesman walks on happily with his cart and I carry on walking on my path placing the ring on one of my fingers.

The tents are endless with hundreds of people flocking around, drinking and chatting away and the little kids are all running around playing with twigs as wands.

I know I've been walking for a while as the sun is lower compared to when I left the tent, and I am just about to give up hope when I feel a hand tug on mine making me jerk my head around to see who it is.

"There you are," beams the boy with bleach blonde hair and a dazzling smile.

"Draco, you gave me a fright," I say as I give him a hug.

Stepping back, I gaze at him peering over his black suit and tie. "You're looking impressive," I smirk.

"Thank you," Draco subconsciously straightens his tie as he answers with yet another dazzling smile. "We're up in the Ministry box, so my father wanted me to dress to impress," he adds.

"Well, you certainly have impressed." We both continue to walk slowly through the mass of people.

"It took me forever to get away from him though, introducing me to every person from the Ministry that he sees." A hint of annoyance in his voice.

"How boring. But I never thought I'd see you roaming around here amongst the commoners," I joke.

He peers down at me as we near the edge of another set of tents. "Let's just say someone is slowly starting to change my mind," he smirks.

Intertwining his fingers with mine he tugs on my hand again. "C'mon, I want to take you somewhere."

Not waiting for a reply, he pulls me along, away from all the tents and people. Across a semi deserted piece of land until we reach the edge of the cliff. My heart beating furiously from the warmth of his hand on mine.

With a flick of his wand, he fashions us a blanket near the edge. Walking towards it he lets go of my hand and sits down, letting his legs hang freely. I sit down next to him doing the same.

The ocean waves crashing carelessly below us against the rocks that jut out of the water. A lighthouse can be seen in the distance to the right of us and the setting sun casting a glimmering orange glow across the waters.

The air quiet except for the odd group of people hanging about here and there behind us, concerned only in their own activities.

"Saw this quiet area while making my daring escape," Draco says warmly.

"It must have been quite the courageous adventure." I smile.

"If it means spending some time here with you, it's well worth the risk."