Year 5 - Farewell

It is the first day of the Easter holidays and Hermione, as was her custom, drew up a study schedule for me; Tracey was so impressed by it as though it was the first year seeing it that she asked Hermione to draw one up for her as well.

"You do know I've had one made every year for studying?" I question her.

"I never took note of it," sue me, she shrugs. "It's going to help me a lot because I started panicking when I realised there's only six weeks left until our exams and had no idea how I was going to fit in all my studying."

Tracey is beaming down at her new study schedule; each little square is a different colour according to its subject.

"I wasn't sure if your sister would make me one," she says still looking over the schedule.

"Well I think you've grown on her," I smile, laying my head back on the couch, Styx curled up on my lap.

My thoughts begin to dwell on things that could have been different.

The night Umbridge broke into the Room of Requirement, that look on Draco's face; I keep repeating that night over and over again in my mind. Or the night in his room where I wanted to tell him about the meetings.

I know that Draco cares for me, he considers me as family and his only true friend. I am the only person he has broken his walls down for and allowed in to see who he really is as a person and all I did was stab him in the back.

What if I just went ahead and told him about the meetings back then, would he still have been as disappointed in me or would he rather have understood and helped us not get caught because we protect each other.

Maybe I should take Draco's approach and blame Harry for this, blame him for Draco becoming so orientated around revenge and for always wanting to be like Harry, but doing all the wrong things to get there.

He can't just throw our friendship away like that, I know that it means something to him I can feel it when I'm with him, there's no lying about that. Or maybe I'm just blind and it's as my sister said, Draco is just using me. Because with in a matter of moments of discovering us he has become so cold and distant as though we never became friends; like I meant nothing to him.

"When do you think these rotten eggs are going to get over the fact that we betrayed them," Tracey asks in a lowered voice, gesturing to the others seated all around the common room who are throwing us dirty glances every now and then.

"Are Slytherin's very forgiving?" I ask with a raised eyebrow.

"Fair point. The only ones forgiveness that really matters is walking in right now." She jerks her head to the side towards Draco.

He walks in alone, no sign of Pansy Parkinson or Crabbe and Goyle. And it looks like he is in a bad mood and heading straight for us.

"Looks like someone else is on the war path, good luck," Tracey whispers before getting up swiftly and making a beeline for the room.

"Don't leave me," I call quietly back at her, but it's too late.

Peering up at him as he stops in front of me, I look him dead in the eye as he glares at me.

"Hi," I say awkwardly.

"Let's go, Professor Umbridge wants to see you," he says heatedly.

"What for?" I question, standing up.

Ignoring me he grabs me by the arm and begins to drag me along out of the common room.

"Draco, what does she want to see me for?" I question again and he still doesn't answer.