Year 3 - Gryffindor vs Ravenclaw

It looks like the end of Ron and Hermione's friendship.

The following day I was told by the twins that once they got back to the common room last night, that Ron came running in from the boys' dormitory with his bed sheets. It had spots of blood on, and long ginger cat hairs could be found by the scene of the crime.

Ron is now enraged that Hermione has never taken Crookshanks's attempts to eat Scabbers seriously, hadn't bothered to keep a close enough watch on him and she is still trying to pretend that Crookshanks is innocent by suggesting that Ron look for Scabbers under all the boys' beds.

I couldn't hold in my frustration when the twins told me, as now Hermione will be bugging me even more!

Ron surprisingly comes to me one day though, begging and pleading for me to take Crookshanks to the Slytherin common room to be with Styx. I obviously refused; I don't need my sister angry at me too.

Well, I didn't refuse straight away... I was trying to keep the peace between them all so she can go back to hanging out with them, but when I suggested it to my sister one day in passing, she almost bit my head off.

"Okay, side with Ron. I didn't think you would since you're my sister!" she says in a shrilly voice. "First, they blame me for the Firebolt, now Scabbers too, everything's my fault, isn't it!" And then without warning she pulls me in for a hug and starts bawling her eyes out into my shoulder.

So, I had no choice but to refuse Ron and take my sister's side.

Tracey of course, leaves me hanging and avoids us at all costs so that she doesn't also have to go through the torture my sister is putting me through.

Late nights in the common room, Tracey will be laughing her head off enjoying the sight of miserable old me coming back from spending a whole day with Hermione yet again.

It used to be fun back in the day, spending time with her when we were younger. But now all she does is go on either about all the work she has, but she refuses to drop any subjects, or she continuously blabbers on about Ron and Harry, to which I am far from interested in.

The Quidditch match most of us have all been waiting for finally arrives as we all go down to breakfast Saturday morning, before the Quidditch match. As Harry enters the Great Hall, heads turn in the direction of the Firebolt, and there is a good deal of excited muttering.

The entire Slytherin table peers over at Harry, looking thunderstruck.

"Is that a Firebolt?" whispers Flint, a few students away.

"I don't believe it," sneers Draco next to me. "How could he possibly afford that?"

"Was gifted to him apparently, they don't know who," I answer, uninterested in the commotion.

People from Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff tables are starting to go over to the Gryffindor table to have a look at the broom. Cedric Diggory can be heard congratulating Harry on having acquired such a superb replacement for his Nimbus.

"You can still outmatch him Draco," Pansy retorts. "No one is as good as you."

"Suck up," I snicker under my breath. Tracey trying to hold back her laughter from my comment.

The next moment she dramatically places her hand to her forehead. "Oh Draco, you are the finest, my dear Draco."

Tracey and I now bursting with laughter, Draco even joined in trying to hide behind a serious look.

Pansy, looking completely dumbstruck, tries to catch Draco's attention again.

However, he brushes her off, trying to avoid her. He addresses Crabbe and Goyle, "let's go have a look at this famous Firebolt."