Year 4 - Flesh, Blood, & Bone

"Surely it shouldn't be taking this long?" I ask stifling a yawn, my head resting on Draco's shoulder.

"Something must be wrong. The teachers are getting restless," Tracey answers peering out over the heads of the crowd to see what is happening.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we would like to ask for you all to return to your dormitories as we have not heard from either one of the remaining champions and will be sending the teachers in to search for them," Bagman speaks to the crowd. "So, if you all can please quietly get –"

A loud pop interrupts Bagman, drawing all of our attention.

Harry lands face first into the ground, clutching the Tri-wizard Cup and Cedric. People in the stands begin to cheer and scream out for Harry Potter. Dark shadows of the teachers and people from the crowd press in around him as they cheer him on.

The celebratory atmosphere doesn't last long as Cornelius Fudge's voice cuts through the air, "My God – Diggory! Dumbledore – He's dead!"

The words are repeated as the crowd around them gasps it... And then others shout it, some screech it into the night. "He's dead!" "Cedric Diggory! Dead!"

Tracey looks like she has seen a ghost. My hands fly up to my mouth as I gasp out loud, tears begin to trickle at the corners of my eyes. Draco places his arm around me, pulling me in close as I bury my face against him. His heartbeat steadily beating against his chest as it calms my mind from the racing thoughts.

"Students are to return to their dormitories immediately!" Professor McGonagall's voice echoes over the stands.

There are girls screaming, sobbing hysterically. Professor Moody carrying Harry off towards the castle while the teachers try keep us students in control.

Amos Diggory's painful cries resonate into the darkness of the night.

My vision obscured by the tears that have built up in my eyes; I stare on with a blank expression, biting on one of my fingernails.

The common room dimly lit by the candles around, crowds gathered in every crook and cranny as they all discuss their own version of events tonight. Multiple stories being that Voldemort is rising again with his devoted Death Eaters, seeing that some of their parents are a part of it.

I hug my one leg close to my chest as I let the other dangle off the chair: sitting in one of the far corners of the common room. Tracey by my side, rubbing my arms softly. I am one of the only Slytherin's distraught by tonight's events.

Pansy and her gang walk over with smug expressions.

"What's got you down, Granger?" she asks with a wide grin. "You can't tell me you are mourning that dead student; I can't even remember his name. And you barely ever spoke to him, so I don't understand why you getting all choked up about it."

My eyes don't shift as I continue staring at the bookshelf.

"Parkinson, for once can you just leave us alone," growls Tracey.

"Why should I? Granger here is so distraught by a student she only said hello to a few times." Pansy smiles again.

No one else moving a muscle, except Draco which has walked into the common room holding a glass of milk.

He places the glass down on the table by me. "Parkinson, this is your last warning. Leave her be."

Pansy Parkinson begins to laugh. "I'm getting so tired of you always defending her! Considering the position of your family, you can't –"