Year 3 - Another Adventurous End

When we leave the hospital wing at noon the next day, we find an almost deserted castle. The sweltering heat and the end of the exams meant that everyone is taking full advantage of another Hogsmeade visit.

Harry, Ron, and Hermione split off from me. I head back to the common room to find it completely empty. Grabbing my sketch book, I head out to the castle grounds.

Nearing the lake, I see Harry, Ron and Hermione sitting at the edge by the water. Not in the mood for their company I head off toward the Astronomy Tower instead.

Sitting down by the ledge, my legs dangling off the side. I place my arms on the balustrading and lay my head on my arms. Staring out over the grounds. The cool air breeze ruffling through my hair.

The adrenaline finally worn off from the previous day.

The sun pulling across the sky as the afternoon lapses on.

I cannot believe it's already the end of the third year. So many things have happened since my sister and I came here. Friendships were built, good memories were made, a great amount of knowledge learnt.

I cannot help but think what the next years here at Hogwarts will hold.

Will there be more foreboding trouble on the horizon with the escape of Pettigrew?

Will he in the end help Lord Voldemort rise to power again? What will happen to Draco then? What will happen to me and my sister?

I shake my head to rid my mind of those thoughts. Whatever is set for the future, I know that we can overcome it. All of us...

"At last, I found you," the familiar voice of Draco echoes from behind me.

I turn around to see him walking towards me. He gives me a tender smile.

"I was worried. No one's seen you since yesterday." He takes a seat next to me, casually hooking his arms over the balustrade.

I place my head back on my arms, looking out as I reply, "sorry. I came looking for everyone late this morning, but no one was in the common room."

"We all went to Hogsmeade. I saw Tracey there and noticed you weren't with her, so I ditched the two gits and went searching for you," he says warmly. "The tower was my last option."

"I'm sorry about yesterday. I just needed some time to myself," I answer, sadness filling my voice.

We sit in silence for a few minutes. Just enjoying each other's silent company.

I feel a small nudge on my arm. "I heard Buckbeak got loose. I have a feeling you had something to do with it?"

The corners of my lips turn upwards. "Yes... I'm not supposed to say anything, but..." I sit up straight, holding onto the balustrade. "My sister lied to me; she had a Time Turner to take more lessons. In the end we used it to help save Buckbeak and –"

I cut myself short.

Draco looks curiously over to me. "And?"

"And... It was a very awkward time running around dodging yourself in the past."

Draco raises an eyebrow at me. "I don't suppose Black's escape had anything to do with you as well?"

I avert my gaze. "I don't know what you're talking about..."

He leans in closer. "Your secret is safe with me. I promise."

That smirk of his making my heart beat unwittingly faster.

"So? Are you going to tell me about your nightly adventure last night?" he questions cheerfully.

I giggle softly, looking down at my lap for a second.