Year 1 - The Journey from Platform Nine and Three Quarters

Today is the day. Today is the day we begin a new journey at Hogwarts.

Hermione and I get up early this morning, even though the train only leaves at 11h00.

Throughout the morning we triple check our luggage to make sure that we have everything packed and leave nothing behind that we might need. We even make sure to triple explain to our parents how the owl postage system works so that we can write letters to them throughout the school year.

Standing between Platform Nine and Ten, our mother glances over to us clutching the pamphlet we received from Professor McGonagall. "Well, here it is, they say to just take a bit of a run towards the wall, and we will be through."

I look over to Hermione as I clutch my trolley, "I'll go first, see you on the other side I guess."

Aiming for the wall between Platform Nine and Ten, I stride with a bit of bounce in my step, making sure no one else is watching my way. Within mere seconds of going through the wall the scenery changes to a new platform bustling with people and a scarlet steam engine at the end. The sign overhead reads Hogwarts Express.

Moments later I am joined by my sister and parents. I address them as they walk over, "it sure does make your heart stop for a second."

My father responds, "yes indeed, it sure is a new experience. But I am so proud of you two. I know that you guys will do great things while you there."

"Especially the way these two have been studying," adds our mother.

Our parents help us offload our trunks from the trolley as many students come roaring passed with their friends.

I clutch Styx's cage close to me as our parents pull us in for a group hug. "We are going to miss you guys so much!" They speak in unison as our mother grabs a tissue from her handbag.

I give her another hug as she continues, "I never would have guessed something like this for you two. But you always seem to surprise us in every way, making us so proud."

Our father now also teary eyed, pulls us in for another hug, "ah come 'ere."

Once all our goodbyes are said, with one final wave we set out for the train. Logging our trunks behind us.

We get on board as the final few students get on as well and the final whistle goes off signaling our departure. The doors close and the train sets off as we set off for a window to scream a final goodbye to our parents before they disappear out of sight from the platform.

As the houses flash passed the windows, Hermione turns to me, "C'mon let's go introduce ourselves to some people. Maybe we can find a cabin to sit in."

As we squeeze passed a multitude of students ranging of all ages, trying to move from the back of the train, I end up getting squashed between two tall bodies. Looking up I see two identical faces with fiery red hair staring down at me.

"Hi there," they say in unison.

"Didn't mean to make you into a sandwich," says the one.

As the other one adds, "first years are always so tiny, it's easy to step on one of them without noticing."

"Only joking," they chorus again.

The one on my right speaks again, "I'm Fred Weasley and this is- "

"George Weasley. You are?" says the other twin.

Still stuck between the two I respond, "I'm Nyx Granger. You think you can un-sandwich me please?"