Chapter 8

Draft
____

Autumn was getting colder and the cold wind was bleak. When Su Jingyang went out that morning, Ling Li specifically told him to add more layers. Su Jingyang gave Ling Li clothes from the clothing store from Liang Lu before fall. Ah-Xuan still had some clothes but he did need new ones. Liang Lu asked him hesitantly why he still wanted children’s clothes. Su Jingyang just found a reason causally and fooled him. Liang Lu had probably figured out his temper by now, so he didn’t ask too much.

Su Jingyang passed a meal with the other people in the shop, and then continued to nest behind the counter to read.

It was still lunch at this time, and there were very few people who came to buy or read books. Su Jingyang watched the counter with focus without being interrupted.

In the shop, there was someone who introduced books to people that needed it. He only needed to collect money. During this period of time, he just mostly read books.

What was he reading? Love stories.

At that time, system no. 1 said that he would have to promote the plot for the protagonist of the book to reach a happy ending. He felt that there wasn't much hope, but he was idle and couldn’t do anything so he began to take advantage of the convenience of working in a bookstore and began to study hard. His goal was to find some inspiration in the routines of those love stories, so that he wouldn't be stupid and ignorant after meeting the protagonist.

Although he lived in a world where men could give birth, which was slightly different from the themes of the love drama he had watches, he believed that in fact, novels were just about changing the icing but not the cake¹.

While he was reading seriously, a figure appeared in front of the counter, shaking it, and with a pop, someone shouted: "I want to return this book!"

Su Jingyang quickly raised his head from the book. Many people read and copy books in the bookstore and some buy books. Generally, people who spend money to buy books were people who love books, and they rarely return them. However, if it wasn't damaged, it could be refunded within a certain period of time.

"Quickly, quickly, refund me the money!"

Su Jingyang reached out and took the book that had been dropped on the counter. He raised his eyes and glanced at the young man who was already rubbing his hands together, unable to wait for his refund, and raised his eyebrows.

Huh, he didn't expect to see him, it was the precious grandson of that difficult old lady!

Su Jingyang looked down at the book again. Sure enough, the old lady came to buy it a few days ago. After spending a lot of time in the bookstore, she bought this collection of the top three papers in scientific research over the years. It wasn't cheap. Many scholars brought their own pens and papers to copy it. The old lady probably bought it directly because she was afraid that her grandson would be tired from copying.

Su Jingyang saw her coming from afar and his head hurts, so he got up and avoided her. He asked the other people in the store to help collect the money, and only came out after she left with the book covered in cloth.

In just a few days, the grandson wanted to refund it back.

"This is the refunded money, you can collect it." After examining the book, Su Jingyang found that it was still brand new. He suspected that a single page hadn't even been flipped, so he secretly shook his head and refunded the money for the book.

The grandson hurriedly stretched out his hands to take it, and after counting the money, he smiled and said to Su Jingyang: "I didn't expect this book to be quite expensive."