Chapter 37

Draft
____

If Su Jingyang was a "step too late" and endlessly regretted Xiang Cao's incident, then Su Jingyang had deep powerlessness for Lu Qian's choice.

Lu Qian was originally depressed because of his betrayal of Gao Zhanfei and his love for Lin Jia. Lin Jia had a special growth environment and his brain worked in a completely different way from him. Lin Jia probably never thought that Lu Qian would leave him to die. He really believed what Lu Qian said, thinking that going to the kitchen to steam ten Yiyan rabbit buns would make Lu Qian forgive him, excitedly calling Xiao Er to help prepare the flour so early in the morning.

Gao Zhanfei's death, Lin Jia's miscalculation, and Lu Qian's sensitivity and overthinking were destined to not have good results.

Su Jingyang was stopped by Rong Ci that day and couldn't go to see Lu Qian for the last time, but when he found out that Lu Qian heard the truth about Gao Zhanfei's approach to him before he died, he could no longer hold back his heart from tearing. At that time, Lu Qian was shocked and desperate. The happy interludes and memories in his heart that even Lin Jia couldn't destroy were just a scam full of maliciousness! But for the man who lied to him, he left behind the one he loved and ended his life with his child. Everything is irreversible... This was truly chillingly cruel.

Su Jingyang had a high fever for several days, Ling Li silently helped cook the medicine and porridge, while Rong Ci cared for him. Su Jingyang burned in a daze the day before and accidentally vomited on Rong Ci. After that, he remembered feeling overwhelmed, but Rong Ci didn't mention it and continued to take care of him.

Su Jingyang felt dizzy, waking up from sleep, and finally opening his eyes. He found Rong Ci standing by the bed again and changing the cold towel on his forehead. He couldn't help but say, "Ah-Yi, just go... I really have no conscience. I won't remember your kindness to me. Stop wasting your time."

Rong Ci ignored his words completely and found that his spirit looked much better than before. His black eyes were solemn, staring at him for a while. He suddenly asked in a deep voice: "Su Jingyang, I want to ask you, you always like to match others up, is there any special reason?"

Su Jingyang's heart seemed to abruptly stop, staring at for a while Rong Ci in a daze. Avoiding his direct gaze, he said in a hoarse voice: "What reason could there be? If you really have to ask, I can only say I was born as a nosy humanitarian."

Rong Ci didn't believe it. He had always felt that Su Jingyang was trying hard to leave here, but he wasn't simply just trying to mix in, it was as if he had to complete some specific task, it wasn't something simple enough to be called meddling.

But he didn't find any traces of any curse or poison on Su Jingyang's body.

Rong Ci asked: "Have you ever had anything unusual happen before, or, did you have any lasting difficulties..."

"No, no, no! It's nothing! I just like being nosy, stop asking, go away!! I've woken up and don't need your care." Su Jingyang knew that he asked about this because he cared about him, but he still became upset when asked about it. He pulled the quilt over to cover himself, turned his back, and stopped talking.

Su Jingyang who was wrapped in the quilt and breathed in a few times, suppressing the disturbance in his heart. He soon realized that he was too willful.

Su Jingyang listened for a long time with his ears erected but didn't hear the sound of Rong Ci leaving. He hesitated for a moment and poked his head out of the quilt, he turned his face away only to find Rong Ci leaning his head gently against the bed frame with his eyes closed. At the moment, a shadow was cast over him, he seemed to be asleep. Even if he had fallen asleep, that face was still full of coldness.