Chapter 20

Draft
____

Su Jingyang was ready to set up the pavilion the next day but there wasn't much he needed to do. The stock of food, rice, tea, wine, firewood, tableware were all ordered from Liang Lu's acquaintance who he helped Su Jingyang contact. He only needed to wait for the delivery to arrive, so he didn't have to worry about it at all.

Su Jingyang and Ling Li spent half a day cleaning up and down as well as tidying the store. Ah-Xuan took a small rag in his hand and followed them from behind. After cleaning, they arranged the tables, chairs, and benches wherever they went. The lobby on the first floor plus the second floor totalled eleven tables, Su Jingyang thought that he should be able to handle it when the store finally opens.

Throwing the rag and broom down, Su Jingyang and Ling Li slumped on the chairs. They turned their heads in unison and smiled at each other. Ah-Xuan beat Su Jingyang's leg for a while and then pinched Ling Li's hands for a while, the little guy was very busy.

Su Jingyang went out to buy some rice and vegetables, he was just about to find Ling Li in the kitchen to make some food when Liang Lu suddenly ran over and brought a well-dressed, gentle-eyed woman that looked in her forties.

Su Jingyang didn't know her, so he pulled Liang Lu aside and asked him what he was doing. Liang Lu said that she was someone that could watch over Ah-Xuan in place of Ling Li. She was absolutely reliable and secure and guaranteed to not talk. Liang Lu could testify because the woman was his nanny, she was also a member of the Liang family.

Su Jingyang would've happy to have someone take care of Ah-Xuan, but... after all, she was the nanny of a big family, Su Jingyang was afraid that their small temple couldn't afford such a big buddha¹.

Liang Lu pointed to the woman who was smiling while holding Ah-Xuan and talking to Ling Li, he said: "She likes children and can't stay at home at all. She's also happy to be able to do something. The salary can be discussed, but it's better to be on the more normal rate."

Su Jingyang observed that she was indeed very patient with Ah-Xuan, he decided to keep the person but although wages were discounted, it still had to be reasonable.

Su Jingyang took advantage of the situation and left them to eat, wanting them to taste Ling Li's craftsmanship. Liang Lu, who was used to delicacies of gold and diamonds, was full of praise for Ling Li's craftsmanship, saying that he was capable of making even the simplest food extremely tasty. Once Liang Lu decided to become serious and dignified, his words were actually very convincing, Ling Li, who was still a little worried, felt relieved after hearing this.

Liang Lu assured Su Jingyang again, "As long as I'm still alive, you'll never be short of customers. Don't worry and just go for it."

After Su Jingyang sent Liang Lu and the nanny away, he went to the kitchen and found that Ling Li, who was half-heartedly washing the dishes, was in a daze.

Su Jingyang walked over to help him and asked softly: "What's wrong, are you too tired?"

"I'm not tired," Ling Li glanced back at him, he chuckled and shook his head, "It just... feels like I'm dreaming."

The ashes of his adoptive father had been scattered on this land, preventing him from leaving. He could only survive here with his child, often tossing and turning at night, worrying that Ah-Xuan would be left all alone after his death. Before meeting Su Jingyang, he felt that he would be like this for the rest of his life. But now, there were too many changes and too many differences, the beautiful ones made him feel unreal, but it also made him afraid of losing what he had.

Su Jingyang rolled up his sleeves to wash the dishes and smiled at him, "I'll get better in the future, Ah-Li, don't worry."

Once everything was stable, he would feel more at ease when he leaves.