Chapter 27

Draft
____

Su Jingyang was really hit by Rong Ci's words. Within three days, he took his ghostly talisman scripts and ran to the box to find Rong Ci and Rong Hua to share ideas.

Rong Ci flipped through the manuscript paper written by Su Jingyang. The more he looked at it, the harder he could look directly at it. His voice was full of disgust: "The scratching of the chicken in your yard is easier to recognize than your handwriting."

Su Jingyang admits this. His handwriting with a pen was already unsightly enough, let alone with a brush. He resignedly said to Rong Ci: "You can just look at the content, do you think my method's feasible?"

Rong Ci didn't say anything after reading it. Rong Hua looked at it with him, her expression always tense. Su Jingyang puts his hands on the table, his eyes were bright and he expectantly asked: "Murong, what do you think? Give me your word."

Rong Hua looked at Su Jingyang and asked: "Your story's based on Ah-Li's affairs?"

Rong Hua had always been protecting Ling Li. When the Liu parents came to make trouble that day, she would've gone to kill them if Ling Li hadn't stopped her.

Su Jingyang nodded vigorously, "Yeah! I want to hire a troupe for this, they will rehearse the story, set up a stage for the play, and perform it for ten and a half days. I don't believe that this town will be safe from a storm after that."

Su Jingyang's script was based on the outline of Ling Li's past, but some changes have been made, and the part about Ah-Xuan's father and the part about Ling Li's disclosure to the robbers have been omitted.

The main point was that the man owed a gambling debt, crying and begging for his lover to sell his heirloom to help repay the debt, and then cheating all the money his lover earned. But soon this man regretted, he was afraid of being entangled by his lover, so he obeyed his parents' plan and deliberately deceived his lover to die in the name of love with him. But in fact, he just wanted to poison his lover to death. Unexpectedly, the man mistook the wine glasses under the chaos. He drank the poisoned wine and the lover drank the normal wine, surviving only by chance. But the lover still suffered from misunderstandings and insults of the world, the man's parent was framed for murder and almost died.

Rong Ci pondered for a moment and said: "This sort of thing can cater to everyone's taste. Although your method has many flaws, I think it's feasible."

Su Jingyang didn't intend to use a play to change everyone's point of view, he just wanted to at least reduce the number of people who inexplicably hated Ling Li. He had actually been harbouring the idea for quite a while now but hadn't had time to implement it, he was torn upon whether this idea was good or bad and didn't dare to make a decision. Now, the worst has already happened, Su Jingyang strengthened his self-confidence.

Rong Hua tilted the corners of her mouth and looked at Su Jingyang with some evil ideas looming in her beautiful eyes, she said slowly: "Jingyang, in fact, I can help add a little colour to your play."

Su Jingyang got support and immediately hired a small theatre troupe, letting them adapt a wonderful drama based on the given script, and went to go watch the rehearsal every day. After the rehearsals were successful, the play called "Poisoned Wine¹" was set up in town for free.

In ancient times, there's no TV or mobile phone, watching theatres was a popular pastime, but it was usually only something the people with money or nobles who hire the theatre troupe to perform at home could enjoy. There had never been a free one before.

How can anyone be willing to miss out on such a good thing? "Poisoned Wine" was acted out for a total of ten days, and with Liang Lu's help, the venue was filled with people. None of the people in this town were stupid, and they have already linked this play with Ling Li's affairs from back then. What's more, in the play, the name for the scumbag was Liu Yue. And the parents of Liu Yue were named after Liu Yue's parents.