Chapter 38

Draft
____

Ling Li only had Su Jingyang in his eyes, he didn't pay attention to the people next to him. Suddenly being pulled out at this time, he felt a little confused.

However, when he saw Ming Zhan's face clearly, his eyes began widened and his tear-stained lips trembled uncontrollably. The memories buried in his mind from those years long ago surged like a flood!

Ling Li suddenly thought of something, and his shocked expression became at a loss again. He wanted to get his hands out of Ming Zhan's grip, but in vain, he tried too hard.

"Please... let me go." Ling Li's voice was very low, and he continued to try pulling his hands away. His wrist felt like it was about to be broken by Ming Zhan.

Seeing Ling Li's resistance, Ming Zhan's eyes filled with sullenness. He stared at him for a moment before his cold eyes swept towards Ah-Xuan who was being held by Su Jingyang.

Ah-Xuan was also looking at him, his big black eyes full of curiosity.

Ling Li noticed Ming Zhan's line of sight and his breathing became unsteady, his body was tight. He really never thought that he'd meet this person again, not to mention in such unprepared circumstances. He had discovered Ah-Xuan's existence... Ah-Xuan's features looked too similar to this person's, now that he'd seen him, it could be hidden no longer.

Ling Li knew this person's identity, so he was very flustered. He was afraid that he would blame him for having an heir secretly and snatch the child away...

Ling Li's face lost all blood, and he didn't dare look directly at Ming Zhan.

Ming Zhan pinched his chin, forcing him to turn his head. He brought his face closer, and said to him with gritted teeth: "Don't you not love me at all? Then what do you mean by bearing my child?!!!"

Ling Li's light brown eyes filled with tears and he finally looked at him, his lips moved, and he whispered with difficulty: "I'm sorry..."

Ming Zhan's eyes suddenly sharpened, there was a hint of danger in his expression. He forcedly asked: "Sorry? What do you mean by sorry?"

Ling Li's eyelashes trembled uneasily twice. Just now, when Ming Zhan asked, Ling Li thought he was blaming him for giving birth to Ah-Xuan without authorization, but at that moment he finally realized that Ming Zhan's expression was wrong. Ling Li couldn't figure out what he meant, he didn't dare talk nonsense for a while.

The two stood in a stalemate like this, Su Jingyang looked at the situation and felt very nervous, his mouth moved, about to call Ling Li's name, when Ah-Xuan suddenly broke away from his grip and ran towards Ming Zhan, Su Jingyang didn't react in time to stop him.

Ah-Xuan shouted at Ming Zhan: "You let go of my dad!¹"

Ming Zhan looked away from Ling Li's face and turned his eyes to Ah-Xuan's figure. Ah-Xuan struggled to hold Ling Li's arm and pull him away. It seemed he thought Ling Li was being bullied and wanted to save him.

Ming Zhan was taken aback and finally loosened his shackles on Ling Li a bit. Ling Li quickly squatted down and circled Ah-Xuan into his arms, his pale face and expressionless.

Ming Zhan also knelt on one knee, his eyes softened unconsciously as he looked at the small face that was very similar to his.

He touched Ah-Xuan's little head and asked, "You order me let him go, yet do you know who I am?"

Ah-Xuan looked at his face, his small mouth moved, he was confused about what's happening. He subconsciously turned his head and looked at Ling Li, "Dad..."