Chapter 69

Draft
____

The day Ling Li gets married is the key to revealing whether he could go home. Su Jingyang thought that the next few days would be particularly long and difficult. However, this wasn't the case.

He woke up like he always did and ate breakfast with Rong Ci. Rong Ci will leave after playing with the two children at home, listening to their babbling, and making them laugh. A very relaxing half-day passed.

Rong Ci would make sure to come back before noon, and then he would stay with him for the rest of the day. The two will quarrel with each other, and the afternoon will quickly flash by. Once the children are put to sleep at night, the two of them would huddle together and rest.

Soon enough, it was already the day of the canonization ceremony.

Su Jingyang looked at Rong Ci from time to time during breakfast. His gaze was too obvious, Rong Ci had noticed it from early on. He stared back at him for a while, putting down the chopsticks he was using, he brought his face closer so that Su Jingyang couldn't avoid him: "Do you think that I look particularly good today? You keep staring."

The corner of Su Jingyang's mouth twitched, he looked at the strong and beautiful face in front of him, and suddenly looked away from him. He started finishing his porridge and hummed without blinking: "No matter how good it looks, it's still the first thing I see when I open my eyes every day. I'm tired of seeing it." 

Rong Ci slowly said: "If you're tired of seeing it, then why do I still take advantage of it when my eyes are closed? Fiddling with my eyelashes, kissing my face, and rubbing my arms..."

Su Jingyang silently panicked in his heart, but the expression on his face remained unchanged. He interrupted him with a sigh, "You're saying that the sun is blue and the sky is white. What are you dreaming about? Who's kissing you? Who's touching you?"

Rong Ci's lips curved up, watching him with a smile, the gleam in his dark eyes was very playful, "I never said that you touched me, don't be in such a rush to turn yourself in." 

"..." Su Jingyang glared at him angrily, and after a long, while he stirred the porridge in the bowl with a spoon: "Come back earlier to accompany me today. I'll be too bored at home."

"Alright, I'll try my best." Rong Ci took a snow-white towel and wiped his hands, saying, "Once the children get older, I'll take you out to play. You can go anywhere you want, we can go to Jincheng and visit Ling Li." 

Su Jingyang paused, his eyes closed and he took a sip of the porridge, saying vaguely: "The children are still young, let's talk about this later." 

Rong Ci raised his hand and rubbed his hair, softly saying: "Eat more, I'll go now."

Rong Ci got up and left, Su Jingyang turned around and said: "Go back soon, take care." Rong Ci had just taken a few steps, hearing his reluctant words, he turned back again and leaned down to kiss him on his lips. He rubbed his cheek with his fingers, gave his one last kiss between the brows and smiled before truly leaving.

...He hadn't brushed his teeth yet. Su Jingyang turned his head and quietly stared at the direction he left, only taking back his gaze after a long minute.

Less than a quarter of an hour after Rong Ci went to work, the nanny hurriedly brought Ah-Xi over to Su Jingyang, saying that he was hot to the touch. Su Jingyang was taken aback, he took the sleepy but restless child, touching his forehead with the back of his hand. Although he didn't have a thermometer, Su Jingyang estimated that he was a bit over thirty-eight degrees.

Su Jingyang hurriedly asked Li Yin to come over, and also took a look at Ah-Yu. Fortunately, he didn't have the same fever, however, his mouth kept babbling, his big eyes flickered and darted around, and he looked much more uneasy than usual.