Chapter 52

Draft
____

When Su Jingyang heard that the matter wasn't trivial, he stood up after Rong Ci. Rong Ci was still hesitating whether to say something to him, Su Jingyang waved his hand: "Go, go, business matters, I'll be fine." 

Rong Ci held his hand tightly, after squeezing it hard, he turned around and walked away. After leaving, he took two days to come back

In the two days that he was absent, Su Jingyang climbed up and looked around, he found that the lavender mist of Wuqun Mountain seemed to have gotten thinner. He couldn't help frowning.

To be honest, although Su Jingyang could understand the existence of Wuqun Mountain, he had never understood what mysterious substance its so-called energy was, where it came from, and how it functioned. But it was indeed a miraculous existence, intimately related to the rise and fall of Rongcheng.

Before, Rong Ci would go up the mountain every now and then depending on the situation to maintain the stability of the mountain.

Su Jingyang couldn't help thinking, was it because their time away was too long, so something went wrong?

Unexpectedly, after Rong Ci denied this after he came back, "No, Wuqun Mountain will fluctuate greatly every twenty years or so. This time it did this a bit earlier than I expected."

Su Jingyang asked curiously: "Is this fluctuation good or bad?"

"It may be good, it may be bad, or it may change something or not." Rong Ci said more bluntly. "The energy of the mountain neither increased nor decreased, that fact that it roughly remained the same is because of good fortune. But before... it was reduced every three times only to revitalized at the fourth."

Su Jingyang caught the rare trace of worry in his tone and comforted him: "Maybe, this fourth time for you?"

"Well, maybe."

Su Jingyang lay sideways in his arms and turned to look at him. "Why do I feel that you, the City Lord, isn't much better than the Emperor."

Rong Ci's mouth curled up, he lowered his gaze to look at him, "Are you distressed?"

Su Jingyang thought he hadn't heard, turning his head back to remember something and then saying: "By the way, during the two days you were away, I heard that Mrs Ru was hawking everywhere again, saying that there had been all kinds of ominous signs since you became the City Lord. She had been working hard to devalue you overtly and secretly, say, what kind of plan does this woman have? Even if you aren't a good City Lord as she says, Rong Xia still wouldn't be able to become the new City Lord... then why is she so persistent? Is she trying to kill her child?" 

It stood to reason that it shouldn't be. Su Jingyang thinks Madam Ru just has a very flawed plan.

"She has a simple brain. She probably believed some rumours and was blinded." Rong Ci paused, then said: "Rong Xia's conscience is clearer than her's." 

Su Jingyang also agreed with this. Although that kid Rong Xia had a gloomy and violent personality, he was very attached and respectful to Rong Ci. It seemed that he hasn't been successfully brainwashed by Mrs Ru.

"I don't know why, but I feel like she knows that the child in my stomach isn't yours. A woman's intuition is really terrible."

Su Jingyang muttered this sentence, feeling Rong Ci hug him tighter. Su Jingyang felt a little uncomfortable in his arms, moving his shoulders to let him loosen his hold. Rong Ci immediately relaxed his grip a little.

After a moment of silence, Rong Ci suddenly asked tentatively: "Jingyang... what would you do if you found out that someone had been hiding something important from you?"