Chapter 18

Draft
____

Su Jingyang rolled away and went to sleep. It was probably because he drank ginger soup. He slept wrapped in a quilt warm and dreamless the whole night. The next day he woke up a great deal more energetic. He had stopped sneezing, his nose wasn't blocked, and his face was bright but still a little bit painful.

Ling Li was very relieved to see that he was fine. While he was helping him out on medicine. his expression couldn't help but become worried, fearing that his face would be scarred.

Su Jingyang didn’t care. He joked with Ling Li, “You’re like Ah-Yuan, afraid that I won’t be able to get married, right? I won’t marry. but if I really need to get married... I'll just marry Ah-Li, alright? You look good, you're gentle and kind, you're considerate to me, and your cooking is so delicious; I'll never lose out if I marry you!"

Su Jingyang relied on the fact that his body's current gender that was the same as Ling Li's to talk nonsense. (T/N: Clearly haven't realised that in this world, this is, technically gay)

Su Jingyang smiled and leaned his face forward, blinking and staring at Ling Li. He couldn't bear but tease him half-truthfully: "Why, I'll just use the restaurant as a betrothal gift, alright? I'll be its shopkeeper, you'll be its chef, together we'll make money. Not to mention being rich and wealthy, you can worry no more about food and clothing."

Ling Li's eyelashes fluttered, and his fingertips that was applying medicine to Su Jingyang's face trembled suddenly. He stared at Su Jingyang's smiling eyes for a moment and suddenly realized that he was wasting medicine. He twisted the stopper of the medicine bottle several times before closing it successfully. Ling Li said: "Jingyang, I'm not as good as you think I am."

"Why not, you're simply the best." Su Jingyang was fueled by the thought that he would be able to get the deed to the restaurant later and couldn't restrain his excitement.

Su Jingyang couldn't wait to go out. He threw himself forward and hugged Ling Li who hadn't reacted at all, he said, "Don't go out today, wait for me to come home!"

Ling Li stiffened, he blinked and responded softly.

Ling Li's hand was about to rest on Su Jingyang's shoulders, but Su Jingyang had already let go of him and stood up, "Be sure to wait for me!" After another yell, he ran out happily.

Su Jingyang caught Ah-Xuan who was playing alone at the door of the room and kissed him again and again while hugging him. Ah-Xuan's tender face was deformed by him.

"You little guy must be obedient at home. Uncle will come back and take you out to play."

Su Jingyang touched his head again and put him down.

Ah-Xuan saw him running out in high spirits and chased after him, shouting vaguely: "Uncle, uncle, uncle!" Ling Li came over and hugged him, stopping him from running away. Ah-Xuan whimpered in frustration and leaned back in Ling Li's arms.

Su Jingyang had just walked out of the gate happily and meet Ah-Yi face-to-face When he found out that he was going to go visit Ling Li, he couldn't help being surprised, he stopped and asked him, "What are you going to do?"

Ah-Yi glanced at him and said decisively: "Something happened." Then he passed by and pushed open the gate he had just closed and went in.

Su Jingyang stepped back, wanting to hear what Ah-Yi had to say to Ling Li, but found that Ling Li greeted him cordially and invited him to the kitchen. Ah-Xuan followed on Ling Li's heels and Ah-Yi's eyes wandered away. After searching, it finally landed on the black outer robe that hung in the yard and fluttered in the wind. A small smile seemed to tug at the corner of his mouth.