Chapter 23

Draft
_____

Su Jingyang tried his best to get along with him peacefully but was treated like a donkey. Su Jingyang snorted, he put the teapot on the table and left angrily.

After only a few customers were left in the restaurant, Ling Li found time to prepare a birthday banquet with Su Jingyang helping in the kitchen. When he was about to serve the food, Su Jingyang suddenly grabbed Ling Li and gave him a jade pendant the size of a baby's hand studded with tassels and a depressed look. "When you give Ah-Yi your gift later, help me give this to him too."

Unfortunately, he felt bad that the guy was treated like that by his biological mother, so he bought a piece of jade that to be worn around his waist to protect against evil. Although it wasn't top-grade, it cost a lot of money.

Ling Li was stunned for a moment before looking down at the jade pendant in his hand, he then smiled. Without asking him why he did this, he agreed and stored the jade pendant on his body.

Su Jingyang carried the tray and walked out of the kitchen with Ling Li, he couldn't help asking him what he wanted to give Ah-Yi. When they were picking gifts, Ling Li was acting mysterious and didn't buy them in a shop like him. Su Jingyang was really curious.

Ling Li turned his head slightly and didn't speak. He wore a veil to cover his face, Su Jingyang couldn't see his expression, but he knew that he might've been a little embarrassed just now.

Su Jingyang let out a clear ah and laughed: "I understand, you don't need to answer."

He thought in his heart again, as expected water soothes fire, Ah-Yi's stinky temper had to be subdued by Ling Li's gentle and watery temperament. Su Jingyang discarded his prejudice against Ah-Yi and felt that the two of them were quite a good match.

Ling Li was very invested in Ah-Yi and made a table full of dishes, most of which were what Ah-Yi usually liked to eat. The enticing fragrance from the box practically overflowed.

Four stools were placed around the round table, Su Jingyang picked up Ah-Xuan and sat down beside Rong Hua. Rong Hua glanced at Ah-Xuan in his arms, hurriedly got up, and changed positions with Rong Ci on her right. Su Jingyang acted smoothly when she changed seats. He stood up holding Ah-Xuan, he pulled Ling Li who had just come in with a pot of wine to his seat while he moved to the position on the left.

Then... the arrangement became Ling Li and Rong Ci sitting next to each other, and Su Jingyang sitting between Ling Li and Rong Hua.

Ah-Xuan was hungry and reached out to grab something from the plate to eat, but Su Jingyang slapped his hand away. When Su Jingyang hit the back of Ah-Xuan's paw Rong Hua shied away and hid beside him unconsciously, her scalp numbing.

Ah-Xuan was hit and pouted his mouth aggrievedly, he hugged Su Jingyang's neck softly and cried uncle. Su Jingyang squeezed his face and let him go, patiently teaching him to use chopsticks to pick up vegetables.

During the banquet, Su Jingyang only talked to Ling Li and Rong Hua. Ling Li occasionally served Rong Ci with dishes and helped him pour wine, but Rong Ci had dark and cold eyes and never said a word.

Su Jingyang didn't want to disturb the secret interaction between the two of them, and in the end, simply talked to Rong Hua.

Su Jingyang knew that Rong Hua was from Rongcheng and suddenly thought of something, he asked her: "Murong, have you met your city lord?"

As soon as Su Jingyang's question was expressed, Rong Ci raised his eyes and looked straight at them. Rong Hua noticed his movements and smiled brilliantly at Su Jingyang, "I've worked with him, why?"