Chapter 65

Draft
____

Ling Li woke up and tucked the sleeping Ah-Xuan into his quilt. He turned around and found Su Jingyang still in a daze. He sat next to him and asked in a warm voice, "What's wrong? You look like something's in your mind."

Su Jingyang heard Ling Li's voice and became a bit more focused, he curled his mouth into a smile, "It's nothing, is Ah-Xuan already asleep?"

"Well, he's asleep... are you really all right?" Ling Li asked uneasy.

Su Jingyang shook his head, "It's really nothing, I just didn't sleep well last night."

In fact, it was because of Rong Ci's tears that day before, his mind couldn't get off what had happened. When Rong Ci said "thank you for being in my life", his progress bar rose to 8.7%! Su Jingyang was shocked. He pondered carefully for a long time and had a guess on why Rong Ci became like that.

Maybe it was because he would no longer be by Rong Ci's side after 60 years, so...

No, not sixty years. Ah-Li will soon enter the Palace, he'll be able to leave soon, it might not take even half a year of waiting.

Rong Ci had already promised that he wouldn't force him to stay, but his heart must still be very uncomfortable with his decision, but because of his personality, he rarely showed it. That moment was only a fragment of everything, but when Su Jingyang realized that he was hurting, he felt like he suddenly couldn't breathe!

Su Jingyang rubbed his face vigorously, his expression was very distressed, and his heart seemed to have been soaked in vinegar, it was so sore and painful, he was so sad he didn't want to talk.

Ling Li looked at him for a moment and saw something. He looked out of the door and put a hand on his arm, asking, "Where's Rong Ci? There's nothing happening here, why don't you go back and accompany him more."

"He went to find Rong Hua." Su Jingyang asked Rong Ci yesterday what he planned to do. Rong Ci said that he would truthfully tell Rong Hua about the situation so that he wouldn't be entangled in some way, letting him make a decision on his own.

Su Jingyang couldn't guess on how Rong Hua would react once he learns the truth. Alas.

Ling Li nodded when he heard his words, "Why don't you just sleep here with me?"

Su Jingyang didn't tell a lie, he really didn't sleep well at night. Listening to Ling Li's words, he tilted his head and leaned on Ling Li's shoulder.

"I kind of want to sleep here, can I?"

Ling Li smiled and watched him endearingly. "Yes, but you won't be comfortable sleeping like this."

"I'm comfortable, really." Su Jingyang rubbed at his eyes and adjusted a little. After the gesture, he raised his gaze to meet a pair of smiling eyes. The two were very close, their breaths entangling together. Su Jingyang stared at him, and suddenly felt a little sad, "In the future, we'll be separated from each other, it'll be difficult to meet, let alone rely on each other." Ling Li's eyes dimmed after hearing this, he raised his hand and quietly stroked his back.

"But Ah-Li." Su Jingyang's dark pupils flashed brightly, he said with a very firm expression: "I believe that you have a prosperous road ahead of you, Ah-Xuan as well, yes! Definitely!"

Although he couldn't tell him what would happen in the future, it's fine to say some blessings. Ah-Li might be able to get some comfort from it.

Ling Li watched him, saying softly, "Thank you."

Su Jingyang leaned on Ling Li's shoulder, squinting, Ling Li was motionless, letting him lean on him. He waited for Ming Jiasheng to come to see Ah-Xuan, and when he did, Su Jingyang sat up straight dazedly.