Chapter 22

Draft

_____

When Rong Hua rushed over from Rongcheng to Rong Ci's House back overnight, she found Rong Ci lying on the recliner again in a daze. Rong Hua was speechless, she came in through the window and ran over to pull at his arm, "Get up, I heard movement next door, take me over for breakfast."

Rong Ci avoided her hand and said in a low voice, "Go by yourself."

Rong Hua realized that his complexion was wrong and asked him, "You didn't sleep well?" Rong Hua knew that this person would be grumpy if he was forced to wake up or if he didn't sleep well.

Rong Ci didn't even look at her, he said, "I've already eaten." The truth was that he hadn't eaten anything, he felt panicked, his throat was blocked and he suddenly lost his appetite. He abandoned his chopsticks and left, he didn't know what was wrong with him.

Rong Hua believed his words and said, "Alright, I'll go and find Ah-Li first. In the afternoon, I'll invite you to the Lin Ji pavilion for dinner to celebrate your birthday."

After Rong Ci agreed, Rong Hua left him and ran next door eagerly. As soon as Rong Hua entered the room, she made to hold Ling Li's arm and nestled against him, acting like a baby in a very intimate manner. Su Jingyang, who had passed the level of strangers with her, always felt that she was acting too close to Ling Li.

Ling Li was actually not accustomed to doing this with her, but every time he heard her soft tone, he felt a little softhearted and couldn't push her away.

Ling Li heard that she hadn't eaten breakfast yet and went to the kitchen to serve her porridge. She said, "Ali, just sit down, I'll get it myself!" She then pushed Ling Li back and excitedly went to the kitchen to get a bowl of porridge familiarly. Su Jingyang had just come to the water tank to scoop up some water, Rong Hua glanced at him and her eyes flashed slightly, she held the bowl of porridge and walked to his side, smiling, "Jingyang, did you know that today is Ah-Yi's birthday?"

"I know," Su Jingyang got angry, throwing the water scoop back into the water tank, he straightened up to say to Rong Hua: "He even forced me to cook longevity noodles for him but didn't even eat a bite after I made them so carefully. I think he's just playing tricks on me deliberately."

Rong Hua was surprised when she heard this, "He didn't eat it? He said he'd eaten it."

Su Jingyang said, "I didn't make the food he ate."

Rong Hua looked at his face for a moment and then suddenly shook her head and sighed slightly. Her expression was filled with endless sadness for a moment and her tone trembled, "Ah-Yi, he has lived... a very unfortunate life. His father's gone and his mother doesn't love him. He'll inevitably become sad when his birthday comes, he definitely didn't mess with you deliberately."

Su Jingyang had already guessed that Ah-Yi's family must've been unhappy, so he wasn't particularly surprised by what Rong Hua said. He just couldn't help but asked softly: "His mother... why doesn't she love him?"

Rong Hua said with grief: "I don't know, how could I know. Anyway, his mother treated him badly ever since he was a child. She doesn't care, even shunning him, she only loves her precious little son. After Ah-Yi's father died, that woman became even more arrogant. Once she was caught cursing Ah-Yi to die, my poor Ah-Yi hid his hurt in his heart but he always resisted it, pretending that it didn't matter to him and saying that he was fine."

Su Jingyang was stunned and couldn't believe it. It took a long time to find his voice: "How could there be such a mother?!" Cursing her own son to death? Even if her craziness wasn't small, it was still vicious to curse her eldest son to death. And they were from Rongcheng, so this so-called curse shouldn't be just a verbal one.