Chapter 48

Draft
____

The next day, Su Jingyang wanted to go out and try his luck again before Rong Ci came back, he wanted to see if he could collect a little more energy than the last time. However, the results weren't as expected. He wandered around the streets of Rongcheng for a long time, but nothing was gained.

It was lunchtime, he was hungry but didn't have any appetite. He casually bought biscuits on the street, sat in the corner, and gnawed at it. The strong sun was warm and comfortable.

The four guard's Rong Ci assigned to him saw this and looked at each other for a while, one of them walked up to him and said, "Madame, there's a restaurant not far in front. Why don't you go in there and have something to eat? If you eat just this, the City Lord will blame us if he knows." 

Su Jingyang's cheek moved, he squinted at him, swallowed what was in his mouth, and smiled: "I want to eat this now, he won't blame you, don't worry."

The people around Su Jingyang was always changing these days, only he hasn't been changed. Su Jingyang knew his name is Yun Qi, he wasn't old, but he was serious and pragmatic in dealing with things. He seemed to admire Rong Ci very much, and often praise Rong Ci.

After that Yun Qi tried to persuade him only to be rejected with another sentence, he had to retreat and stand aside.

Su Jingyang continued to gnaw the cakes and basked in the sun, he exchanged a few words with the system no. 1 who came out after working hard.

No. 1 told him that since he became pregnant, no. 2 had begun to drag other people to another world for "punishment."

Su Jingyang's expression changed and he cursed frantically, "What going on with that dog?!"

 No. 1 said with a heavy and sad tone: "Now that the situation's getting more and more unfavourable, the chance of me overpowering it is too small. So I'm here to tell you... if all else fails, I can only destroy it myself, and take it down with me." 

Su Jingyang held half of the unfinished cake in his hand and froze, destroy itself? Hearing what no. 1 said, he was a little sad and surprised. After all, the original intention of the system was good, and perhaps it had helped many people before. However, the world was unpredictable, and the only way left was to self-destruct, even if no. 1 does its best, it may not have any other choice.

Su Jingyang asked: "You want it to disappear, so you have to disappear yourself?"

"Yes, I am one with it."

Then there was no way, Su Jingyang said again: "Then you'll be gone, am I right? You can..."

"I'm sorry, just to be on the safe side, you still have to continue to collect energy." No. 1 had deep guilt in its tone: "Because I can only come out for such a small amount of time, I don't have much confidence. I don't know when the self-detonation program will be loaded. I've also mentioned before that our concept of time is different. Maybe it'll be 20 years, 30 years, or even longer for you when I finally succeed."

Su Jingyang only felt cold, his eyes were dull. After a long time, he cast his eyes down silently and said, "Then you might as well not tell me about it." With 20 or 30 years, he would spend most of his life here.

No. 1 sighed: "I told you because I want you to at least have some hope in your heart, don't give up."

Su Jingyang said: "I won't give up."

"No matter what, I'll work hard and try my best to make it as early as possible. Jingyang, you can help save more time too." 

Su Jingyang remembered something and said: "Hey, can you tell me a little about where the protagonist is, for example, are they near me? Number one, number one?"