Chapter 41

Draft
____

As soon as Rong Ci's words fell, Rong Hua led an old man with white hair and black robe into the room.

He was about seventy years old, his eyes were calm, and he held a string of bronze bells in his hands. As he approached steadily and slowly, the bells jingled lightly. Su Jingyang lay on the bed with his eyes closed tight, he slept extremely deeply, as if he couldn't be disturbed by the outside world.

"City Lord." The wizard first bowed to Rong Ci respectfully and saluted.

Rong Ci stood up and ceremonially helped him up, "Grand Wizard, you don't need to be polite, we will start now and make haste."

The wizard didn't say much, he just nodded and expressed obedience. Rong Hua turned off the lights in the room until only one was left, the room was suddenly plunged into darkness.

Rong Ci slowly helped Su Jingyang up, letting him lean in his arms.

Rong Ci wanted to force Su Jingyang to tell the truth by using soul-stimulating techniques, but he felt like his heart was full of fire, it was really difficult to maintain a stable mood on this matter. He was afraid that he would hurt Su Jingyang's body by accident, so he resisted his frantic depression and brought Su Jingyang back to Rongcheng, asking the Grand Wizard to come and help.

However, because Su Jingyang was currently pregnant and his bodily defences were relatively weak, he decided to ask only two questions to be on the safe side.

Rong Ci whispered: "Let's start."

The Grand Wizard walked to the bed, first closed his eyes and muttered a few words in a low voice. There seemed to be something invisible surging in the peaceful air, the wizard opened his eyes solemnly. Looking at Su Jingyang, he raised his hand slightly and shook the bell in his hand.

-jingle, jingle

Su Jingyang seemed to be under some control, his original limp body straightened immediately, sitting by himself as if he was awake, but his eyes were still tightly closed. Even though Su Jingyang could support himself, Rong Ci still hugged him.

Rong Ci said to the wizard, lowering his voice: "Ask him, who's the biological father of the child."

The Grand Wizard asked, his voice was very soft and slow, with a strong and bewitching tone.

Su Jingyang shook his head feebly, as if he was completely at a loss, speaking intermittently, but still vaguely having his usual annoying tone of speaking, "I... how in the hell would I know who it is..."

Rong Ci frowned. He didn't know, he really didn't know! How could this be?

Could it be that before being rescued by Ming Zhan that night... what happened to him? The hand holding Su Jingyang's waist tightened suddenly. No, it's impossible. If this were the case, Su Jingyang wouldn't want the child at all. It was definitely not this. Rong Ci resisted this speculation wholeheartedly.

"Continue asking." Rong Ci's cold face was half shrouded in the darkness, becoming even colder and penetrating. "Ask him where he came from."

Rong Ci always felt that Su Jingyang was a bit strange. At first, he suspected that he was controlled by some witchcraft, but after inspection, he discovered that there were no traces of it on him. If he knows where he was originally from, maybe there would be some traces to follow.

The wizard followed the instructions and asked, but the strange thing was that Su Jingyang's reaction was different from previously. He moved his mouth with difficulty, and shook his head slightly, he looked like he wanted to speak but couldn't say it. His expression was uncomfortable, and his forehead quickly beaded with cold sweat, his body beginning to shiver.