Chapter 66

Draft
____

After that day, they stuck together almost everyday. Su Jingyang took his two children to accompany Ling Li, and Ling Li would personally cook for Su Jingyang's three meals everyday, making his favorite meals and snacks. It was natural, like they've been doing this for as long as they could remember. Su Jingyang had always liked to eat the food he cooked, but he felt as if a scorpion was stinging his throat now. He couldn't bring himself to swallow it, it was an extremely uncomfortable feeling.

The time before their parting quickly passed by.

On the last day, they couldn't delay any longer. Ling Li bid farewell to Xu Mei and the others before setting off onto another road. Su Jingyang and Rong Ci accompanied him with their two children. That evening, Su Jingyang wanted to go with Ling Li and sleep together. During this period, Ling Li felt that he had occupied too much of Su Jingyang's time, he didn't allow him to stay overnight.

Rong Ci could easily see through Su Jingyang's thoughts, he kissed him and stroked his face before saying to him: "Alright, I know he's very important to you. Go if you want to go."

After hearing him say this, Su Jingyang decided to follow his own wishes and ran to find Ling Li. When Ling Li saw him coming, his expression became a little helpless, but he didn't make him go back.

This might be the last time they'll be able to sleep together. Su Jingyang thought he would have a lot of things to say to Ling Li, but he only felt like his chest was blocked. Even though there were a thousand words, he didn't know where he should start.

Su Jingyang used his arm as a pillow. After Ah-Xuan finished taking a bath, he went to bed and threw himself into his arms. Su Jingyang caught him, his nose filled with the unique and clean fragrance of the child.

Ah-Xuan seemed to be reluctant to let go. After rubbing his head against his chest for a while, he asked, "Uncle, will you visit us in the future?"

Su Jingyang touched his little head and said warmly: "If there's a chance... I'll go."

Ah-Xuan only paid attention to the last part, he immediately said happily: "Then me and my dad will wait for you in Jincheng, you can't break your promise."

Su Jingyang made a pinky promise with him, but thought sadly in his heart: If I don't have the chance, I won't be able to go.

Listening to the conversation between the two of them, Ling Li turned his head to look at Su Jingyang. Su Jingyang met his eyes and smiled, he asked, "Ah-Li, what do you want to say to me?"

Ling Li also came to the side, he stared at him silently for a moment before sighing, solemnly saying: "Jingyang, don't you remember what I said to you..."

Su Jingyang's eyes flashed, "What?"

Ling Li said: "You must cherish the present... even if you have to leave in the future, don't allow for any regrets."

Su Jingyang was taken aback and nodded, "I remember."

He had listened to Ling Li's words before, and he was indeed learning to cherish. It's just that no matter how much he and Ah-Li cherishes these moments, it won't stop them from feeling uncomfortable once they part. Then, in the future, once he's separated from Rong Ci, once he's separated from their children, how could it get any better? This could only be some psychological comfort.

Su Jingyang thought about it for a while, but still said to Ling Li: "Ah-Li, don't worry, I understand."

Ling Li looked at him quietly for a long time, he slightly bent the corners of his mouth, and patted his shoulder with a hand. His voice was very soft and light, "That's good, let's go to bed early."