Chapter 39

Draft
____

Su Jingyang's mind seemed to be completely hollowed out. He didn't know whether he was cold or sleepy. After falling to the ground, he kept this position and sat motionless until dawn.

When Rong Ci knocked on the door the next morning, it was as if he had lost his soul, acting like he hadn't heard it.

Rong Ci had become accustomed to him eating behind closed doors these few days and didn't notice anything unusual. After he saying a few words outside the door about taking him out on horseback and not getting a response, he turned around and left temporarily.

Rong Ci lived in the room next to him. After paying attention for a long time, he found that there were no movements next door. This wasn't in line with Su Jingyang's usual fussy style. At this time of the day, he would've either already gone to find Ling Li or walked around the yard even if there's nothing to do, he wouldn't be able to stand being in the room all day and would have to walk around at least twice.

Rong Ci finally noticed something wrong and went to knock on Su Jingyang's door again.

"Su Jingyang, open the door!" Rong Ci was sure that Su Jingyang must be inside, but no matter how hard he knocked on the door, Su Jingyang still ignored him.

Rong Ci didn't waste any more time, and finally just kicked the door open. As soon as he entered, he saw Su Jingyang sitting on the ground with a single robe and dishevelled hair. His eyes were dull and his lips pale, he didn't move, as if he had become a stone sculpture.

Rong Ci saw his ghost-like figure, his breath was slightly disturbed but he strode forward, squatting down, and touching him first with his hand. It was alarmingly cold, with almost no temperature at all. Obviously, he had stayed like that for a long time.

Rong Ci's brows twitched fiercely, his heart was filled with anger, and he hurriedly carried him onto the bed, letting him lie flat and then wrapping him in a quilt.

"What's the matter with you? Why were you sitting on the ground?" Rong Ci pushed aside the messy hair from his cheeks with his hands. Su Jingyang looked straight up at the ceiling and still didn't respond.

Rong Ci felt that Su Jingyang's appearance of having suffered a huge blow was really weird, he couldn't guess how the person who was still lively and arguing with him the day before turned into this state overnight.

"Su Jingyang?" Rong Ci patted his cheek, "Speak."

Su Jingyang finally slowly moved his eyes that seemed to be stuck, he glanced at him and moved his mouth, ultimately hissing out: "Don't worry about me." He pulled over the quilt to cover his head with a dull face.

"You can tell me clearly, what's going on?" Rong Ci was dumbfounded. He tried to lift his quilt but failed. Su Jingyang wrapped the quilt around himself tightly.

After a while, Su Jingyang's weak voice came from the quilt intermittently, "Go now... how many times do you want me to tell you, you should've gone quickly, now it's too late to go, don't go see me in the future."

"Why?" Rong Ci's brows furrowed, a bit unable to understand what he meant, "Why do you say that it's too late to leave now? What do you mean?!"

Su Jingyang refused to speak anymore, curled up in the quilt, feeling as if he wanted to hide inside forever, cutting himself off from the rest of the world.

Rong Ci's icy eyes fell on the bulging ball inside the quilt for a long minute, he then got up and left.

In fact, if he really wanted to know, he could use some methods that would make this person as obedient as a puppet, but... he still didn't want to use these methods on him after all.