Chapter 25

Draft
_____

Su Jingyang was completely lost, even if there was nothing between Ah-Li and Ah-Yi, why did he lie about his birthday gift? Was the matter over just like this?

Su Jingyang always felt that the situation had been weird from beginning to end. After calmly finishing his duties and starting his break, he thought about it and decided to ask Ling Li.

Ling Li was cleaning up in the kitchen, he whispered to him without looking back: "I... I was confused at the time because he could help Ah-Xuan. I thought it wouldn't be good to not give gifts on his birthday, so that's why I thought of using your gift. But then I thought, you're Ah-Xuan's uncle and your gifts would have as much gravity, so I told him about it in the end."

Su Jingyang knew that he should believe this but still felt that something weird. He had always suspected that there was a shared secret between the two.

From that day on, Ling Li and Ah-Yi used actual actions to prove to him that the relationship between the two of them was really cold, even more estrangled than when they first met, and this strangeness was painfully obvious at first glance. It wasn't pretended, but there were no fights. Sometimes when they met, they would nod politely and not say anything.

Su Jingyang, who had treated the two of them as a couple before, felt like a big fool.

When the system no. 1 said at the time that promoting marriage would result in positive energy, he had planned to wait for Ah-Yi to come back and then work harder to match them up, wanting to kill two birds with one stone, but now... forget it.

The weather became drier and drier, and the rain continued to fall for several days. The roof of Su Jingyang's bedroom leaked rain and dripped on his bed, Su Jingyang couldn't sleep at all so he could only hug his pillow and go squeeze together with Ling Li. In the cold weather, people would crowd together to get warmer, even though the rain stopped and the roof was repaired, Su Jingyang still slept there.

Ah-Xuan lay in the middle of the two, listening to the sound of falling rain outside with his ears erected, his big eyes kept flickering around no matter how much Su Jingyang coaxed him to sleep.

"Go to sleep, go to bed!" Coaxing children to sleep was a task that tested endurance, Su Jingyang stretched out his hand and tried to maintain the expression on his face, but Ah-Xuan felt that he was playing with him, he put Su Jingyang's caught finger into his mouth and bit.

After biting, he smiled and said to Su Jingyang, "Uncle, your hands are so delicious."

After Ah-Xuan came back from Rongcheng, Su Jingyang didn't feel any major changes at first, but unknowingly after a few days, the child was finally able to use his chopsticks slowly, and his speech became a little clearer. Occasionally, he would absorb one or two fresh words and pop them out abruptly.

This surprised Su Jingyang and Ling Li very much, if Ah-Xuan could recover little by little this great would be great!

Su Jingyang leaned over and snorted, he bit him back, "No more sleep, uncle will eat you!" Ah-Xuan knew that he was joking and was dancing with joy, he kicked off the quilt covering him.

Su Jingyang put the quilt on him, he leaned over and pressed his little head into his arms, rubbing his hair, "Go to bed, play with your uncle, let's see who falls asleep first!"

Su Jingyang did this every time he couldn't coax him, Ah-Xuan pretended to be asleep to win. At first, his eyes were still rolling under his lids, but after a while, he would truly fall asleep.

Su Jingyang breathed a sigh of relief and couldn't help but smile, he kissed his puff face and let go of his fragrant body, tucking him into the quilt.

Su Jingyang looked at Ling Li on the other side of the bed. Ling Li lay there quietly, his eyes staring at them blankly.