Chapter 16

Draft
____

Su Jingyang didn't expect that after helping Ah-Yuan apply some medicine, he would unexpectedly receive a wave of energy. But it was too little, he didn't see the progress bar budging at all.

Su Jingyang sat in his place gloomily and sighed deeply.

He raised his hand and stared at the red mole that was still unchanged, and the ambivalence in his heart became deeper and deeper.

It wasn't good for any changes because he didn't want to have a baby, but it wasn't good to have no change because he'll become an old man long before the progress bar becomes full. Even if he became an old wrinkly man, he'll never see the mysterious man's face and will never know whether he's beautiful or ugly. The system wouldn't let him go.

He and that man were basically two controlled puppets, and it was the system's grievances that forced them to unite. Su Jingyang thought that the five day mark would be two days later. He was already a little numb to it, he only felt that it was absurb. He was tired, he really didn't want to continue, but was there any other way?

Would it be the same as last time, vomiting blood and being forcibly withdrawn? Or could he damage his body to avoid it?

Su Jingyang rejected this idea as soon as it appeared. The idea of intentionally damaging his body was too stupid. Even if he could escape through this a few times, the system would definitely not let him go. When its anger reaches its peak, no one would be able to guess what crazy stuff it'll do again, not taking the risk was also good.

Su Jingyang leaned back in his chair and closed his eyes, the thought of leaving for Jincheng in his mind grew firmer. Approaching the protagonist of this book to collect energy was the most foolproof way to fight the system!

Of course, he still had to stay a while to ensure Lin Ji Pavilion gets on the right track before he could leave with confidence.

When evening came, a carriage suddenly stopped at the door of the bookstore, Liang Lu poked his head out from the inside and called Su Jingyang's name. Su Jingyang stood up and walked out. Liang Lu looked at his face and found that he had already applied medicine, he was a little relieved. "Listen to what the doctor says, doesn't your face matter?"

"It doesn't matter." Su Jingyang replied casually and then asked curiously: "The old lady, what did the government officials do?"

"She?" Liang Lu said with a cold sigh: "We let her have the chance to only lose money, she clamped up and said she had no money. She'll be locked up for ten and a half months if she doesn't speak, I think her old bones can survive a few days in a cell. Dared to offend me without inquiring about who I am."

Su Jingyang nodded and said nothing.

Seeing him looking thoughtful, Liang Lu paused and said, "Jingyang, you don't want to let me let her go, do you? She's very old, but a shameless old bastard isn't half as good as my shop. Not to mention, she made your face look like this, you're too soft-hearted. I won't let her go, how could I keep face otherwise¹."

"Why let her go? Don't let her go. She tore up so many books, she has to lose money." Su Jingyang certainly wouldn't be soft-hearted, but he couldn't help but feel that, no matter whether ancient and modern, there were still people who could speak up with ease. If there was no Liang Lu, Su Jingyang knew that things wouldn't be solved so simply.

(T/N: Money and power will always be a universal language, no surprise there)

Su Jingyang sincerely said thank you to Liang Lu. Liang Lu waved his hand, he said, "Alright, there should be no need for thanks between you and me. Get in the carriage, I'll take you home."