Chapter 63

Draft
____

Rong Ci and one of the guards who was talented at martial arts worked together and soon repelled the enemies. Both Ah-Xuan and Hao Jiasheng were sent to the hospital, fortunately, Ah-Xuan's injuries weren't serious, but he still developed a high fever and remained asleep.

After returning to Full Moon Villa, Ling Li guarded Ah-Xuan's bedside as Rong Hua silently accompanied him. Rong Hua's expression was a little dazed, he didn't speak and nobody could see what he was thinking. Xu Mei was also there, he felt very regretful every time he looked at Ah-Xuan's sleeping face.

Su Jing yang had accompanied Rong Ci and helped bandage a scratch on his arm. He had just come in and saw Ling Li's pale face, immediately feeling distressed and guilty. He walked towards Ling Li and just wanted to say something, but Xu Mei spoke first, "Ah-Li, I'm really sorry."

He was the one to suggest going to the streets to play. Who knew that it would be so crowded and that an accident would cause Ah-Xuan to be injured. Xu Mei truly felt that he couldn't shirk from the blame.

Ling Li turned around, he looked at him, and then at Su Jingyang who was also full of self-blame, he sighed in a low voice: "Don't think about it, it had nothing to do with both of you. They were here today for me and my son only, even if this didn't happen today, it would still occur at another time. No matter when, I know that they won't let me escape."

Xu Mei said: "Still, I have to take some responsibility for this matter... In short, the child can take his time and tend to his wounds in Full Moon Villa. If there's anything you need, you must tell me directly. I must give you both the best treatment I can manage, otherwise I'll feel really sorry in the future."

Ling Li was afraid that he'd continue to feel guilty, so he answered, "Alright."

Xu Mei looked at Ling Li. He didn't understand what how Ling Li and Ah-Xuan had provoked such a terrible event, but he also knew that there were some things that couldn't be easily said to others.

He noticed that Su Jingyang seemed to want to say something to Ling Li alone, so he pulled Rong Hua with him and said, "I'll go with Rong Hua and see if the medicinal soup is finished."

They left as Rong Ci mindly paced outside the door waiting for Su Jingyang.

Su Jingyang's eyes were red, his lips moved but as he was about to speak, Ling Li turned to him and said in a bitter tone: "You protected Ah-Xuan well, Jingyang. I'm truly glad that you were there for him. The person besides him should've been me; it was me who chose this route and put him in danger. The person who should shoulder the responsibility of this should also be me... this incident is my lesson. I should be more alert and learn how to be cautious while moving forward better in the future."

Su Jingyang looked into Ling Li's tearful but calm eyes, he couldn't help taking in a deep breath. Suddenly, he felt a little sad; he had an inkling that Ling Li should've never been like this.

He began to miss the days of working in Ling Ji small pavilion. Although he was incredibly busy and bone tired at the end of every day, those few fleeting moments gave him truly fulfilling, happy, and simple memories together with Ling Li and Ah-Xuan.

After Ah-Li enters the Palace, no, from today onwards, there'll only be more and more obstacles and threats. They'd dare not guess at the direction fate guides them, would there any time to relax by then?

Su Jingyang squatted on one knee next to Ling Li, he raised his face slightly, his dark eyes watched Ling Li as he slowly said, "Ah-Li why don't we..."

Ling Li seemed to know what he planned to say next, he touched his head, and softly but firmly interrupted: "There's no turning back, Jingyang."

Su Jingyang was quiet for a long while, he suddenly thought of something and stopped talking.