|onwards and upwards, caleb!|

I rolled over and tried sitting up. I fell back down when my chest felt like it was caving in. I grunted and rolled back over onto my back. I rubbed my eyes and cursed out loud when I felt the wound on my face. I cringed and fluttered my eyes open as much as I could with only one good eye. My arms and legs were throbbing, I lifted my arm and held it close to my face. There were claw marks all over my arms and I'm guessing the same on my legs. I looking around, trying to figure out where I was. 

"Are you ok?" A voice asked. I pulled myself up, holding my chest. "Wh-Whose there?" I choked out. A light flickered on and off before staying on. I blinked until I could see better, "Caleb?" The voice asked again. I sighed and tried standing up. "You won't be able to stand just yet." The voice spoke again. "Who are you?" I asked. My mind was foggy, I recognised the voice but couldn't put a name to it. 

I heard the sound of a door opening then shuffling. A silhouette figure appeared in front of me, "I'm glad I found you." They spoke again sounding relieved. They kneeled in front of me and I gasped, "Lily?" I choked. She had a red handprint across her face. "What happened?" I asked, gently skimming my fingers against her cheek. She stifled a sob and shook her head. "Come on, we don't have much time. I need to help you get out of here." She croaked quickly. 

She hooked her arm under mine and tried yanking me up. I wheezed and clutched my chest. "Oh Goddess, what happened?" I cried out. She winced and took a deep breath, "Carson has some new friends." She muttered. "Carson did this?" I blurted. She nodded sadly and pulled me up. I braced myself against her causing her to nearly fall. "I'm sorry." I whimpered. She shook her head and helped me to the door. 

"You need to leave, cross the border and cut the ties with everyone." She whispered. "They are coming back later. You need to go." She added. "You come too," I murmured. She shook her head and sighed, "I can't, Carson is my mate. I need to stay." She sniffled. "I thought you'd be happy about that," I stated, as we stepped through the open door into a garage. I knew where I was. The pack garage. 

"I thought so too. But it's like he's had a personality transplant." She sighed, "Oh, and he talks now too." She rolled her eyes. I nodded sadly and whimpered. "He said he isn't gonna accept me but I need to be his Luna and provide him with an heir." She muttered. I saw her eyes fill up with tears. "Reject him and come with me." I restated. She shook her head, "He's of Alpha blood, I can't reject him." She whimpered. I wrapped my arm around her and hugged her. "Stay safe, Lil," I whispered to her. 

She pulled away, wiping her eyes. "Go now, cut your ties and don't look back." She blurted. "Promise me you'll stay safe, you're my best friend Lil," I whined. She nodded and a weak smile appeared on her face. "You're my best friend too, Cal." She responded. "I wish I could tell you where to go but I'm not sure. Just get away from here." She added before pushing me towards the garage doors. I nodded and watched as she disappeared into the packhouse. I took a deep breath and slowly limped my way towards the forest, making sure to keep in the shadows. 

I finally made it to the forest, I knew I didn't have long before the border patrols would be turning up. I limped as fast as I could, clutching onto my chest. I've now realised I must have some broken ribs. Carson is no longer my brother. I don't care what happens to any of my so-called family anymore. If they can do this just because I don't have my wolf, I don't want to be associated with any of them. 

I reached the border when I smelled a wolf. I froze and turned around slowly. I came face to face with Oliver. He smiled sadly at me. "Please, let me go," I whined. "I won't be coming back." I sighed. "Oh, Caleb. I'm sorry this happened to you." He responded, "Let me help you. You're in no fit state to travel, let me take you." He offered. I stared at him, trying to figure out if he was being genuine or not. "I promise, I will drop you in Devon." He added. "Why Devon?" I asked, raising my brow. "I know the stories about the Dark Wolves. I know they are apparently from Devon." I chuckled darkly. 

When I was younger, my mum used to tell us stories about Dark Wolves. They were evil and could not be trusted. They killed anything and everyone in their path. They roamed around pack territories in and around Devon. She said they were as black as the night sky with red on parts of their bodies and their eyes the colour of blood. It's just a story they told pups to make sure they didn't wander around outside of their pack grounds. I had nightmares for weeks after she told us, I used to dream about getting mauled by a Dark Wolf. 

He smiled at me, a genuine smile. "Exactly, they're stories." He chuckled. "If you're not going to let me take you, at least take some money." He handed me a wad of cash rolled up, "Get to Devon, go to The Luna Pack... The Luna is my sister." He explained, "Tell her I sent you. She'll help you." He pushed the money into my hand and closed my fingers around it. 

"Um, thank you." I offered him a small smile before turning and limping across the border. Now to cut all the ties I sighed. "I, Caleb Brett Stone cut all ties to Yellow Stone Pack now and forever." I felt the ties snap inside my mind, it felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I sighed in relief and smiled at Oliver. He gave a quick wave of his hand before shifting and starting his patrol of the border. I turned and took a deep breath. 

Onwards and upwards, Caleb!