|limited edition|

I headed towards the little cafe. I pushed open the door and was hit with the smell of wolves. I made my way to the counter and a little woman smiled sweetly at me before wrinkling her nose and raising her brow at me. "You're not from around here are you, young lad?" She asked, her voice held no conviction she sounded generally curious. I shook my head and smiled. I was almost positive she could see the wound over my eye there was no doubt she could smell the blood.

"I'm looking for a place." She interrupted me by handing me a menu and pointing at a table. "Go sit, have some food on us then continue your journey." She smiled at me. I nodded and went over to the table. I glanced at the menu and tried to pick the cheapest thing I could.

She came over 5 minutes later and placed a hot chocolate in front of me. "I'm Maria, what's your name?" She asked as she sat opposite me. "Caleb," I replied, "Thank you for the drink," I added, holding my hands around the heat. She nodded and smiled again. "Where did you come from?" She asked again. "Cornwall. I hid in the back of a truck." I answered before taking a sip of the drink.

"And where is it you're headed? Sorry for all the questions, I just want to help you." She smiled at me again. This woman sure does like to smile, I smiled back at her and chuckled. "It's ok. I was told to find a pack, the Luna could help me." I answered. She nodded and her face lit up, "I think I know exactly who you need to find." She replied excitedly. She stood up, taking the menu from me.

"I'll bring you some food out and I'll get you the directions to the pack." She rushed quickly before heading back towards the counter. I blinked a few times then shrugged my shoulders and continued drinking my drink.

She came back with a plate full of pasta bake and a map with directions on it. She placed the plate in front of me and laid the map out in front of the plate then began pointing at several locations. "I've written down how to get there through the forest. Once you do, Luna Amaris will be there to help with whatever you need." She folded the map and placed it in my pocket.

She reminded me of what a grandma would be like. I watched her in awe as she started rambling on about Amaris, but I didn't catch a word she said. Whoever this Amaris is, this woman thinks the world of her. "I've left some things in the washroom in the back for you. When you've finished just head back there and everything you will need is there for you." She added with a smile before going off to the counter again before I could thank her.

I sighed and tucked into the mountain of food that was on the plate. I ate as much as I could before clearing the table and taking the plate and mug to the counter. I left them neatly stacked on the counter then headed for the washroom. I pushed open the door, stepped inside and glanced around.

The washroom was small but convenient. There were a toilet, a sink with a mirror hanging above it. Beside the sink, there was a set of little drawers. On top of the drawers were some clothes folded neatly with a bag laid on top.

I turned and locked the door before going over to the sink. I pulled the hat off and removed the scarf. The wound was huge and deep. I brushed my fingers near it and winced. "Caleb, is that you in there?" I heard Maria ask. I took a deep breath before answering. "Yeah, thank you for the clothes," I shouted. I heard whispering and what sounded like Maria telling someone to shush.

I stroked towards the door, if I were a true werewolf I would be able to smell the scents of who was outside. I know Maria is a werewolf but I'm too sure about the other person. I focused my senses and I could pick up another werewolf scent faintly, but it was there.

I unlocked the door and slowly opened it. They both turned towards the door, their eyes went wide when they saw my face uncovered. "Oh, my poor boy. What happened to you?" She whispered, I wasn't sure if it was to me or herself. "Maria, I'll help him. You go back out front." The man spoke lovingly to her. She looked back at him, with tears forming in her eyes. He nodded at her and gave her a small kiss on her cheek before coming into the bathroom with me.

He locked the door again. I watched him as he gestured for me to sit on the toilet seat. I obliged and continued watching as he picked the bag up and poured the contents into the sink. "I'm guessing my Maria smelled the blood or saw the wound on your face." He muttered. "I'm Gerald, by the way." He mentioned, turning his head slightly to the side and giving me a cheerful smile.

I offered a small smile towards him. "Nice to meet you, I'm Caleb." I greeted. He smiled at me and held up a damp washcloth. "Can I clean your wounds?" He asked, his eyes showing nothing but care and worry. I nodded my head as he started dabbing the cloth gently against my face. I winced a few times and bit back the tears that were pooling in my eyes.

"I'm sorry. You should start healing soon." He muttered. I shook my head and sighed, "I don't have a wolf." I whispered. He raised his head and searched my eyes, "You smell like a wolf." He stated. I sighed and felt a tear slip down my cheek. "I turned 16 yesterday but I didn't shift," I explained. "So, I'll heal like a human. This-" I waved my hand in front of my face, "This won't heal. It will scar and always be a reminder that I'm not a real werewolf." I murmured.

He dropped the cloth in the sink and frowned at me. "Just because you don't have a wolf, it doesn't mean you aren't a werewolf. You're just different." He smiled at me and I wanted to believe him but being different isn't always good. "I don't want to be different though. I want to be the same as the rest, not a freak." I whispered.

"Being different from the rest is like you're limited edition. It means you're something people don't see very often." He grinned and stood up. "You'll fit in well where you are going, trust me." He smirked.