|take me home|

I growled and before I knew it, I was stood over Malia's body. She was staring at me with wide eyes. "How... How did you do that?" She choked. A constant low snarling growl was coming from me. "I've got him, Cal. I'm healing his wounds." Amaris shouted through the link. But all I could see was red, she tried killing him! She tried killing my mate. Anger was bubbling through my veins. "You teleported... that's not possible." She wheezed as I pushed my paw against her chest. "He's awake, he's asking for you." Amaris placed her hand on my fur and I snapped at her. She pulled her arm back and growled back at me. 

I recoiled and let go of Malia. "I'm sorry. Don't let her go." I apologised through the link. I glanced around, Rhydian was sat on the floor with Dom's head resting on his lap. The rogues were all on the floor, with the warriors stood over them. I went straight to Dom and nudged his arm, whining. "I'm ok, baby." He choked, "Just sore." He added with a weak smile. "Show them, Caleb. Show them that you aren't one of them. I love you so much and I'm proud of you for how far you've come." He expressed through our link. I whimpered and licked the side of his face.

His eyes began closing and I panicked. I felt the shift coming on before I could even will it to. Within seconds I was hovering over Dom back in my human form, "No, wake up. Open your eyes, dammit." I growled. I heard the gasps from behind me but I ignored them. He can't leave me now, not when I've only just got him. "Don't fucking leave me. I need you." I snapped.

I lifted my hand and went to slap him across the face but as my hand came down, he gripped it and stared at me wide-eyed. "Why were you trying to slap me?" He raised his brow and lifted himself so he was sat in front of me. "You sounded like you were saying goodbye through the mindlink and then you closed your eyes, I panicked, ok?" I groaned. He chuckled and shook his head. "No, I'm just tired. I promise I'm not going anywhere." He smiled.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and pressed myself into him. "I need some clothes," I whispered. He raised his head to his dad, "Can you get Caleb some clothes or something please?" He asked. I didn't hear a reply from him so I assume he nodded. He leaned back to look at me and smiled at me. I planted kisses all over his face and sighed. He was here, he was alive... A few more kisses to make sure he actually is as I pecked his lips a few times. "Here, Cal." Rhydian chuckled, handing me some shorts and a t-shirt. Dom covered my body with his, "Um, I can't move to get dressed, Dom." I groaned. 

"You lot, get over here and crowd around him, facing away though. Don't fucking look at him." He snapped. I chuckled and shook my head as a group of warriors huddled around me. I pulled on the clothes and sighed. "Thanks, guys." I smiled as they bowed their heads and stepped away. I turned slowly and glanced at Malia and Carson. Both their eyes were open wide, Carson had tears streaming down his face. "Caleb?" He whimpered.

My breath hitched in my throat, I couldn't control myself. I ran at Carson and wrapped my arms around his back. He fell in my arms and I went down with him. "I'm so so so sorry for what I did and said." He cried. "I never meant it, I couldn't stop it. I don't know what happened." He sobbed. I don't forgive him for what he did and I don't think I ever will but it does feel good to be back in his presence. Relief and a feeling of content washed through me as soon as I collided with him. I held onto him for a little longer as he cried and apologised over and over.

I stood up, pulling him up with me. I gestured a few warriors to come over to me. "Take him to the cars," I ordered. They nodded and gently helped him as they walked into the forest. I turned back to everyone and the warriors nodded before leaving into the forest. Malia's eyes were on me, she was watching every move. I walked over to Dom and wrapped my arms around him. I buried my head into his neck and inhaled. "Are you ok?" He linked me asking. I nodded and placed a small kiss on my mark. 

I turned around and glared at Malia. "You have a wolf." She mentioned. "Yes, you saw him." I rolled my eyes. "When did you get a wolf?" She asked. "I'm not having a conversation with you, Malia," I growled. "It's mum." She snapped. I cackled and shook my head, "Really? I know what you did, I know everything." I snapped. "I only came here to get Carson." I deadpanned. "I don't care what happens to you, Amaris can deal with you... After all, you just tried killing her son." I snarled. She paled and I could see her body shaking. "She let you go, you could have lived a decent life. But I suppose you were too much of a rogue to do that. Amaris has been more of a mum than you ever were." I griped. 

"I'm your mum. You can't do this." She cried. I took a deep breath and turned to look at Dom. He was watching me closely. I stepped back into his embrace and glanced at Amaris. "She's yours. Do what you please with her." I grumbled. "Caleb, please, don't do this. I'm sorry, I love you." She sobbed. I held my breath and gripped Dom's shirt. "Take me home," I whimpered. He wrapped his arm around me and led me towards the forest. "Don't look back, baby." He muttered as we strolled further into the forest.