|am I dead?|

I walked and walked until I physically couldn't. My chest was on fire, my face was throbbing and my arms and legs were stinging. I sat on a tree trunk to catch my breath and give everything a rest. If I'm heading in the direction I think I am there's a service station a mile or so away, I should be able to jump on a truck or wagon or something. They travel between cities so hopefully, they will be one going to Devon.

I stood up, bracing myself for more walking. I continued my hike towards the service station, replaying the events of the last 24 hours over in my head. Nothing makes sense, I've stopped asking why I haven't got a wolf... The biggest question in my head now is, what the fuck happened to Carson? How can someone change so fast? As much as I say he's not my brother anymore, he's always going to be. He may have cut the bond between us but it doesn't stop you from caring as much as you want it to.

I blew out a breath when I spotted the huge neon sign for the service station, I need to get around unseen. I can't have anyone questioning what happened to me. As I neared the car park I saw a row of trucks and vans. I listened the best I could to the conversations between the drivers, hoping to hear their destinations. Ah, gotcha! The smallest truck was going to Devon, which was perfect. I could climb in the back and get there undetected.

I slowly made my way to the back of the truck, as I got closer I could see the back was covered with a tarp which makes it a lot easier. I lifted the tarp snd crawled inside. I quietly manoeuvred my way around the small space until I was as comfortable as I was going to get. I glanced around at the boxes stacked up and could see 'Cornwall suppliers' stamped on the boxes.

I quietly picked one of the boxes up and opened it. I'll leave the money in the box for whatever I eat, I need the nourishment for my slow healing. I quickly looked around the box and was relieved to find small bottles of water and sandwiches in the packaging. The truck engine came to life and we were quickly on our way.

I filled up on sandwiches and water as we drove. I got myself comfy and quickly fell asleep after I'd filled myself to the point I felt sick.

I woke up startled, covering in sweat. It was a long time since I've had a nightmare... Only this time it wasn't a Dark Wolf shredding me to pieces, it was Carson. I wiped the tears that had fallen and took a deep breath. I opened a bottle of water and gulped it down. The truck was still going at a decent speed so I knew we weren't close to our destination yet. I curled back up and tried to get some more sleep.

I listened to the hum of the engine as I felt myself sink deeper and deeper into sleep. I blinked my eyes open and was surrounded by light, I haven't been asleep that long. There's no way I slept until the morning.

"Caleb, my son." A voice echoed in the distance. I furrowed my brows trying to figure out where the sound was coming from. I glanced around the area and noticed I was no longer in the truck, I was in someplace that I could only describe as paradise. The floor was white and the room seemed to go on forever. "Where am I?" I questioned. I looked down at myself, all my cuts were healed and I was wearing white shorts and a white shirt.

"I've been waiting for you," The voice was like an angel, so melodic. "Am I dead?" I asked. A laugh sang through the air, "No, my boy." They replied again. "You're the last of my children." I stared out at nothing, there was nothing in front of me or anywhere around me.

"Where am I? Who are you?" I fired the questions. "I've been called many different names... Selene, Moon Goddess." A figure appeared in the distance, she was wearing a flowy white dress that touched the white marble floor, her hair was white and flowed around behind her. I couldn't see her face.

"How am I the last of your children?" I asked, confused. "I don't even have a wolf," I added. She stayed where she was, I tried going closer to her but the closer I got, the further away she was. "All will be revealed, my child. But for now, just know I am with you." I answered, sweetly. If I could see her face, I would assume she would have a smile on it.

"I'm confused... Why are you here? Why am I here?" She turned and walked into the distance, fading away as if she was never there. I woke up and say upright. That was definitely the strangest dream I have ever had. The truck had stopped and I started panicking. I pulled out the money and shoved it into the box. I peered out from behind the tarp and noticed we were in a car park in the middle of a forest. I furrowed my brows as I saw a sign for a nature walk.

I slowly exited the truck, making sure no one saw me. I peeked into the driver's cab to make sure it was empty. I tried the door and to my luck it was open. I glanced around and noticed a scarf, hat and jacket. I pulled them out and shoved them on. The scarf covered the majority of the slash on my face, the hat will pull my hair down over my eyes and the jacket will cover my arms.