|no longer alone|

"Caleb, open your eyes."

I fluttered open my eyes and glanced around me. I was back in the white room. "Why am I here again?" I asked, looking around trying to find her. "Because, my boy, you are lost." She replied. I frowned and stood up. "What do you mean, lost?" I quizzed. I stared at the spot she came to last time but nothing was there. "You need to wake up." She replied again. I turned around and she was stood beside a tree, I don't remember seeing a tree in here before...

"What is this place?" I questioned. She stepped closer towards me and my breath caught in my throat. She was beautiful. "This place exists because I need you to hear me." She replied. I shook my head and sighed. "You aren't making sense," I mumbled. "You need to wake up." She smiled at me. I tried going towards her but like before she seemed to move further away.

"I am awake. I'm talking to you." I chuckled. She shook her head and smiled at me, "You are unconscious right now, you can only talk to me when you are asleep." She retorted. I furrowed my brows at her, "What did you mean, I'm lost?" I shrugged. "Caleb, you are lost in your unconsciousness. Wake up." She explained. "Why can I talk to you?" I sighed. "You are my child... Of course, you can talk to me." She chuckled. "Stay with my Dark Wolves, they need you. Now, wake up!" Her voice faded away and she disappeared.

I opened my eye and couldn't breathe, there was something in my mouth. I reached my hands up and tried pulling the object out so I could breathe. "Woah, hold on there, son." I heard someone say. "Nurse, hold his hands down." He spoke again. "Ok, Caleb. Cough." He instructed. I coughed as much as I could as he pulled the object from my mouth, I could feel something like a tube sliding out of my throat, I gagged and spluttered. I gasped for air once the tube was out. 

"How are you feeling?" He asked. I glanced to the right of me and saw the doctor. "Ok," I replied, my voice was hoarse and didn't sound like me at all. "Do you want to try some water?" Another voice spoke, I looked to my left and a nurse was smiling down at me. I nodded and she picked up a little remote. She pressed a little button and the bed raised slowly. She set the remote down next to me and turned to pick up a cup with a straw. "Slowly." She warned as she lifted the cup to my mouth. 

I sighed as the cool water soothed my scratchy throat. "Thank you," I whispered. She smiled and nodded. She placed the cup back on the side table and went towards the door. I watched her as she turned towards me, "I'm going to let the Alpha and Luna know you're awake." She chirped. I nodded and glanced back at the doctor. He sat on the chair next to the bed and sighed. "So, we managed to stitch the wounds on your face, you will have to keep that bandage on for a few weeks but it will heal." He explained. "Luna Amaris healed the wounds she could. We couldn't do much for your ribs, they will heal over time." He added. 

I nodded and lifted my hand and touched the bandage. "Will it scar?" I muttered. He nodded sadly and I sighed, feeling my eye fill up with tears. The door opened and Amaris poked her head around. She looked at me and her face lit up. "Oh, you're finally awake." She burst as she rushed to my side. "How are feeling? Are you ok? Do you hurt anywhere?" She blurted. "Amaris, don't overwhelm him." Alpha Rhydian chuckled. She turned and glared at him, "I've been waiting for him to wake up, you be quiet." She scolded. He held his hands up in front of him and rolled his eyes. 

"I'll leave you to talk, if you need anything there's a button on the little remote next to you, press it." He nodded at us and then left the room. "Are you up for telling us what happened? It can wait until you've healed and you're out of here." Alpha Rhydian asked cautiously, sitting in the chair next to me. Amaris sat on the bed next to me and took hold of my hand. "It's up to you." She smiled down at me. I took a short breath and glanced between them both. "You're not going to send me back are you?" I blurted, panic set in. 

I can't go back there, I wouldn't make it out alive if I did. And the Moon Goddess or whoever I'm seeing in my dreams told me to stay with them. "No, you're not going back there." Amaris deadpanned, "You can stay here with us if that's what you want?" She explained. I nodded and gave her a small smile. "Who are the Dark Wolves?" I asked, I want to tell them about my dreams but I don't know if they will think I'm crazy. 

"Well, huh, funny story." She chuckled. "Alex and I are Dark Wolves." She stated, "I'm sort of a Dark Wolf because I'm Amaris's mate." Rhydian added, grinning. I glanced between them both as they looked at each other lovingly. I want that, I want someone to look at me like I'm the only one in the world. 

"Um, I have these dreams... Well, I've only had two," I muttered. They watched me, they kept quiet and let me go at my own pace which I was grateful for. "I think the Moon Goddess talks to me... She told me I'm the last of her children and to stay with her Dark Wolves, they need me." I explained. They looked between each other before settling back on me. "Did she say anything else?" Alpha Rhydian inquired. I glanced at him and shook my head. "She doesn't say much, it's like I should know what she's talking about but I don't." I sighed. "We'll figure it out. You're not alone." She expressed, squeezing my hand. 

And for once in my life, I really didn't feel alone