|alpha to alpha|

Thomas sent Lindsey home late last night. She's not allowed back in this pack unless she leaves me alone. I haven't seen any of them yet, I've been hiding in my bedroom, wallowing in self-pity. I'll be fine in a few hours, this is how it goes: he gets mentioned, I spiral down, I lock myself away for a day or so then I'm fine. I just want this chapter of my life to be over, I want the day to come, when someone mentions him and it doesn't hit me like a truck. 

I sighed and rolled out of bed. I went over to the window and stared out at the sun rising. "Are you ok? Are you coming out today?" Dom asked through the link. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. "I don't know," I replied. He didn't reply but I knew he didn't have to. If I needed any of them in the pack, they'd be straight here. I headed back to my bed and crawled in. I pulled the cover-up and snuggled against the pillow, sighing. I'll get a few more hours sleep and then I'm getting up and sorting myself out.

I woke up to a pounding on the door. It took me a second to register what the sound was... "Come on, Caleb! Open up!" Addi's voice was frantic. I dived out of the bed and swung the door open. She was panting for breath, "You... You need... To." She stuttered. "Slow down, start again." I groaned. I waited until she had caught her breath enough to form a coherent sentence "Dom... office... now..." She stammered. I pulled on some shorts, grabbed a hoodie that was by my door and rushed to his office, pulling the hoodie on. 

Panic set in. If something had happened, why didn't he link me? Is he hurt? Has he found his mate? Please, don't let him have found his mate... Who am I kidding? I need him to find his mate then maybe I wouldn't be still holding out for something that was never going to happen. As I neared his door, I could feel the tension in the air. Whatever has happened, he's angry.

I pushed open his office door, he was pacing back and forth behind his desk. Rhydian and Amaris were standing near him. "I don't care if it's come from the council. Absolutely not. Not a fucking chance." He growled. His eyes were black, his wolf was out. He's not just angry, he's livid! "What's going on?" I questioned as I stepped further into the room. "Go on, tell him." He snapped, "Tell him what you want him to do." He growled, pointing his finger at me. I raised my brow and looked at them. 

"The council need us to infiltrate a pack land that has been taken over by rogues." He mentioned. I snorted, "Well, that will be easy, we can do that." I answered. "Not when you find out what pack," Dom growled again. "I'm not doing it. Let them rot. They don't deserve it and they especially don't deserve any help from him." He raged. "Alpha," I uttered, knowing it would get his attention. His head snapped to me, he took a deep breath and sighed. "Caleb, we can't. You can't." He whispered. 

"There's obviously something you aren't telling me." I looked to Rhydian and Amaris. "What exactly happened in this pack?" I questioned. "This pack was taken over by rogues, a few weeks ago. The council didn't know until recently when the pack's Luna was murdered." He explained. "The Alpha... He Um, he's asked for help. He managed to get a call to the council." He added. I groaned, "I still don't understand where this is going? Why can't we help them, Dominic?" I gasped. Why wouldn't he want to help a pack full of innocent wolves? 

He came towards me and stopped in front of me. "Cal, the pack that needs help is Yellow Stone Pack." He whispered. My breath caught in my throat and I couldn't breathe. "What was... the... Luna called?" I choked. "Luna Lily," He whispered, placing his hands on my shoulders. "Caleb, breathe." He muttered. I was dragging in raspy breaths. She can't be dead! "Did he do this?" I blurted, gasping for air. 

Amaris was beside me, holding my hand. "I don't know, but I will find out for you." She whimpered. "The council said the Alpha is broken, he's lost his pack and his mate." She explained. "He can lose his fucking life for all I care. There are good people there." I cried. "Dom, we have to help them." I whimpered. He nodded and wrapped his arm around my neck, bringing me into him. I grasped his shirt and cried. 

"Mum?" I heard Dom whimper. "I know, son. Just hold him, let him cry it out. This is 3 years worth of pain." She whispered and he did, he held on to me as I wailed, I screamed, I sobbed. I fell to the floor and he came down with me. I cried until I was sniffling. I pulled away and wiped my face. "Sorry," I muttered. "Hey, we're in this together... Remember?" He whispered, "Alpha to Alpha." He chuckled dragging a throaty chuckle from me. 

When I first became his Beta he said it was strange because I have an Alpha aura. I can't sense other auras but mine is still strong. He said no one would be able to tell who the Alpha was, I suggested Alpha tattooed on his forehead and Beta on my forehead. Some Alpha's don't understand why I've settled for being just a Beta but what they don't understand is, Dom treats me as his equal. He gives me a say, although I give him the last decision. He doesn't seem to mind we are equal, we are both Alphas.

"So, we're doing this?" He questioned. I dragged myself up and turned to Amaris. "Call the council, tell them we're on it." I decided. Even if he did do this, the pack is innocent. There will be wolves who want out and we can give them that opportunity. Dom and everyone can take down whoever they want but they leave him... He's mine. 

If I'm going down, I'm taking him with me.