|living proof|

I didn't know where I was going, I just know I needed to get away from here. Rogues are known to be nasty, vile creatures. Maybe that's why Carson changed when he shifted, maybe his wolf is too much of a rogue? I guess I'll never know the answer.

My family were the cause of so much heartbreak. How can I stay in a pack where I'm living proof of what happened to them? I look like Brett... I don't want my presence to affect anyone. Oh, Goddess, that rogue I met before I got here said I looked like his son. I need to warn them in case he's dangerous. I forgot about him.

I glanced around the area, I didn't know where I was. I sighed and sat down against a tree. I pulled my knees to my chest and rested my head on them. I thought I had something good here, but yet again, the fates are against me.

I opened the link that Amaris had created, "Before I arrived here, I met a rogue. He said I looked like his son, with everything that had happened... I forgot about him. If he's anything to do with your past, you need to know." I whispered through the link.

"Caleb, where are you? Please, come back. I'll answer any questions you have." She pleaded through the link. I whimpered and wrapped my arms around my legs.

"Caleb..." I snapped my head up and Rhydian was stood in front of me with his hands in his pocket. My eyes followed him as he came and sat next to me. "Amaris told me what happened." He sighed. I whimpered and hugged my legs tighter. "Why did you run off?" He asked. "Because I'm part of the family that destroyed everything for you," I muttered. He chuckled and bumped my shoulder.

I lifted my head and craned my neck to look at him. He was sat on the wrong side of me and he seemed to realise and stood up, sitting back down on my right side. I sighed and leaned my head on my knees now I could see him properly. "You weren't any part of that and they didn't destroy everything. I found Amaris in the end." He smiled. I raised my brow at him and he chuckled. "She was hiding from me in plain sight. She had a special necklace that masked her scent. When she came back for her fathers funeral, she knew I was her mate but she thought I was tricking her so she hid from me." He rolled his eyes and laughed as he seemed to relive the memory.

"Alex doesn't want me there," I whispered. "That's not entirely true," Alex stated as he appeared from behind a tree. "I'm sorry for how I've been acting around you, seeing you brought up painful memories but I never should have said what I did." He apologised. I sighed and took a deep breath. "No, I get it," I muttered.

I look like them, it was bound to bring everything back. I knew my mum had her secrets, but I didn't realise they were this bad. Who would do such a thing? What would possess someone to destroy another?

"Why did they do it?" I questioned, glancing between them. Alex squatted in front of me and sighed. "They wanted our wolves." I frowned and listened to him.

Years ago, a human was turned into Dark Wolf by the Moon Goddess. He was needed for a great evil that was coming. He was a prince from a different country. The Moon Goddess told him he had a destiny and had to leave. So, he came here and slowly built this pack up from the ground. The prince defeated the evil with his anchor, the daughter of a former Alpha of The Crimson Pack: Rhydian's birth pack. He was eventually granted a mate for his loyal service to our Moon Goddess. Said any future children born into his bloodline would have the ability to transform into a Dark Wolf if and when they're needed. 

Amaris and I, because we're twins, both transformed into Dark Wolves. Although I'm not at full potential, Amaris is. Someone called Benjamin Storry wanted our wolves, he wanted to mate us off and populate the wolf community with his own Dark Wolf army. Your grandfather kidnapped us when we were still pups, our wolves had just come to us although we hadn't shifted we could still speak to them and see them in our minds. I managed to get Amaris to safety, but they got me. They used a potion to make it seem like I had died, Amaris felt the break of our bond and then they brainwashed me. They didn't leave Amaris alone, but that's her story to tell you. 

I stared at him with wide eyes. "That's-" I was speechless. I can't believe they could do that and especially to a pup. "How did my mum survive?" I whispered. "Amaris let her go, Malia, helped free her." Rhydian answered, "Amaris knew about you and your brother. She tried keeping tabs on you but she didn't know what you were called or looked like. All she knew is that she was somewhere in Cornwall and had 2 sons." He added. I smiled at that, "Amaris is definitely something else." I murmured. They both chuckled and nodded. 

"Will you come back to the pack?" Alex asked, raising his brow at me. I nodded and stood up. "Good lad." Rhydian grinned. "I have some very concerned pups waiting for you." He chuckled. I chuckled awkwardly and we headed back towards the pack. Amaris was stood outside of her house pacing backwards and forwards. She saw us and her face paled. Rhydian rushed over to her and she collapsed, Rhydian caught her before she hit the ground. "Amaris, what's wrong?" He stroked her face while she was shaking and muttering under her breath.

I stood behind them and awkwardly watched. "He's back." She whispered, her eyes going wide while she looked at him. "Whose back?" He asked. "Callum, he didn't die." She choked. A loud growl rumbled from Rhydian's chest. Alex was shaking, his eyes were flickering between red and blue. "Rhydian," I whimpered. Alex looked feral, he was focused on Amaris.

His head spun around and he glanced between Alex and me.  "Go, now!" He growled towards Alex. Alex turned and ran towards the forest. He jumped over a wall and shifted mid-air. Rhydian looked at me before picking Amaris up. "Go inside. I'll be back soon." He nodded before running in the direction of the packhouse.