|answers|

A light tap on the door woke me up. "One minute." I groaned. I pushed the covers from me and sat up. "Caleb, it's me," Addi called out. "Doors unlocked, you can come in," I shouted. The door open and Addi popped her head around. "Are you ok?" She asked, raising her brow at me. "Yeah, why?" I questioned, I patted the bed next to me and she came over.

"It's lunchtime." She mentioned as she sat on the bed, facing me. "Wow, I meant to get up earlier." I groaned. She chuckled and shook her head, "Don't worry, my mum sent me to check on you. She said she'll be ready when you are." She explained, raising her brow at me. I nodded and sighed.

"Can I..." She hesitated, "Can I ask you something?" She nervously asked. I nodded and gave her a small smile. "Were you relieved when I wasn't your mate?" She muttered. I held my breath. "You can tell me, I can take it." She added in a whisper. I took a deep breath and sighed: "Yes." Her face paled and she took a harsh breath. "Oh Goddess, not for whatever reason you are thinking right now." I quickly blurted.

She looked away and I moved closer to her. "Hey, Addi." I raised her chin with my finger. "You're beautiful and I would have been the luckiest person ever if I liked... Girls." I let my voice trail off. Her eyes went wide then she gave me an amazing smile. "Dominic." She beamed. I nodded and smiled back. "Is he your mate?" She asked, her eyes lighting up. I shook my head and give her a sad smile. "I'm sorry, Cal." She muttered. "If it helps, I think he likes you too." She added.

I chuckled and shook my head. "No, that just makes it worse." I sighed, "We're just going to stay as we are, he has a mate somewhere out there." I explained. "And you." She declared. I chuckled and nodded. Although, I don't think I'll be blessed with one.

"I'm going to meet your mum, do you wanna walk with me?" I asked as I got out of bed. She grinned at me and nodded. She flopped down on my bed and sighed sadly. "I'm sorry I'm not your mate," I said looking down at her. I was glad for the shorts and tank top I had on. "Don't be, it's ok." She smiled. "You're my anchor." She giggled. I nodded, chuckling and went to the bathroom.

I quickly showered. I wrapped a towel around my waist before leaving the bathroom. Addi was sat on my bed, looking at channels on my telly. I quickly walked to the wardrobe and grabbed the first thing I could see. I hurried back into the bathroom, Addi snickered as I slammed the door closed. "I can hear you, you know," I shouted. She laughed out loud and I smiled at the sound. She may not be my mate but she's quickly becoming a close friend and I am her anchor. I'll have to remember to ask what that is.

I quickly got dressed and walked out of the bathroom. "Goddess, you even dress like my brother." She rolled her eyes playfully. I glanced down at my outfit and shrugged. "Your dad got me all my clothes." I chuckled. She stood up, "You ready?" She asked, glancing back at me. I took a deep breath and nodded. We made our way to the second floor, she said her mum was in her dad's office.

"I'll find you later," I mentioned as we reached the door. She nodded and smiled. She knocked on the door and we waited. "Come in," Rhydian shouted. She opened the door and we stepped inside. "How are you feeling, Caleb? Are you poorly? Let me have a look at ya." Anaris fussed, rushing over to me. I chuckled and nodded. "I needed the sleep, I guess," I answered quietly. "Sorry, I didn't mean to sleep in," I added.

She frowned at me and shook her head. "You're allowed to sleep in, silly." She chuckled. I nodded and glanced around the office. Dom was watching me, I locked eyes with him and he smirked. I rolled my eyes and focused on Amaris. "I'm ready." I declared. But I wasn't, I was a nervous wreck. Addi covered my hand with hers and gave it a gently squeeze, I looked down and smiled.

"I'll be back later, Rhy. Kids, your dad wants to talk to you." She mentioned before we left. We arrived outside of a building on the other side of the pack land. "He's chained up so, he can't get to you. I'll be right there with you." She explained. I nodded, my hands shaking slightly. "Are you sure you want to do this?" She asked, searching my face. I took a deep breath then bobbed my head. "I need to," I replied with my voice strong.

She opened the door and ushered me inside. I gagged at the smell and slapped my hand over my mouth. It smelled like death and rot like something had died and hadn't been removed. "Take short breaths." She whispered, "Just through here." She opened another door and a light turned on.

I glanced around the room, my eyes stopping on the rogue from the forest. He was strapped to a chair with silver chains. Alex was stood behind him with a menacing sneer on his face, aimed at the back of the rogues head.

"Ah, Caleb Stone." The rogue smirked. "I didn't recognise you or your scent and I'm kicking myself for that." He snickered. "Must have been the blood." He mused. I frowned and stood beside Amaris. "I don't know you." I shrugged, it wasn't a lie... I didn't know him. He rolled his eyes and threw his head back cackling. "Don't tempt me, Callum. I will rip your head off." Alex snarled.

The rogue glanced at me, "Good company you keep, my boy." He chuckled. "You don't know me." I countered. He chuckled again and raided his brow. "You don't remember me, do you?" He asked. I frowned at him and shook my head. "Your mother and those damn witches." He growled. "I take it, you haven't shifted?" He asked. "Why?" I choked. He chuckled darkly, "This is fucking golden." He added.

"Answer his questions, Callum," Amaris growled. "You do know she killed your Uncle?" He scoffed. "Self defence," I rolled my eyes. I don't know exactly what happened only what Alex said. "Back to the witches..." I snapped. He sighed, rolling his eyes.

I used to see you regularly when you were pups. Your mum used to bring you to meet me in the forest. You loved me at one point. Your dad found out and forbade me from seeing you. I was angry. I took Carson from the pack when you were 10, I wanted you both but you weren't with him. I told Carson who he was, that he was a rogue... It didn't matter that he grew up in a pack, he would always be a rogue. I told him what your mum had done to Amaris and Rhydian. He knew about Dark Wolves, I told him if Amaris ever knew of his existence she would come and kill him.

A threatening growl slipped from Amaris, "I knew about her pups, you dick. I was the one who let her go." She snarled. "Why did he stop talking?" I asked. "Your mum did it." He remarked. "She found me with him. He was angry with her because she didn't tell him he was a rogue. My guess is she threatened him or used a witch to bind his speech, he shifted and that broke the spell." He stated. "But he's not a rogue," I countered angrily.

"His wolf is vicious, am I right?" He asked. "That doesn't mean anything. He was born into a pack." I snapped.

I'm a rogue, I was born a rogue... We call ourselves pureblood rogues. Though who come from two rogue parents. Your grandmother was a pure rogue, therefore your mother is a pure rogue. Our bloodline is stronger than your fathers. Once his wolf was free, he was a rogue.

"This makes no sense." I groaned. "So, my mum used a memory spell or something to take my memory of you away? If I had shifted, I would be out of control and just like Carson? The spell would have broken and I would have remembered you?" I asked. He nodded and sighed. "Listen, I'm not getting out of here alive." He rolled his eyes, "But, I've been back there. Carson is dangerous, Caleb. He said, if he ever sees you or me again, we're dead. Your mother has poisoned his mind against us." He said. "Don't go back there, stay here and be with Amaris. She'll look after you, don't give them a second thought." He sighed.

"But he's my brother," I whispered. "The brother you knew is long gone." He replied.