|you're my lifeline|

I stood in front of the pack with Dom by my side. Mason and Ruby were on the other side of Dom and I felt content. The pack meeting was the first thing on the agenda today, he's got a whole fucking day planned. I don't think he realises we actually need to do some work for the pack, not just do each other.

Everything was finally coming together, no more questions that needed answers. I was happy for once and loved, I was loved by so many people, at times it was overwhelming. Sometimes I think this is all a dream and any minute now I'm about to wake up. But it's not a dream, everything is real. My life is good.

"Thank you all for attending this pack meeting," Dom spoke clearly, getting the attention of all the pack. "As you all know, Caleb is our Beta but because he's my mate, he deserves a higher position." He started. The pack nodded and hummed in agreement. My chest swelled with pride, looking around at the crowd. 

I could see Henry stood in the back with a serious frown on his face and I wanted to laugh in his face but I refrained from it. Carson was stood near Dom's family and I smiled at him when he saw me looking. I'm hoping we can rebuild what we lost because it feels pretty damn amazing having him back in my life. 

"After much discussion on my side because you know what Caleb's like." He rolled his eyes playfully and everyone chuckled. "I know it's not traditional but Caleb is going to be from this day on... Alpha Caleb." He announced. I watched the pack closely, no one seemed to be offended. They didn't question why or how, they nodded and accepted it just like that. "I will still be your Alpha, you will just have the both of us." He added. "Does anyone have any objections? If you do, please say now." He sighed. 

"Alpha, we would be honoured to have Caleb as our other Alpha." I glanced around the pack and saw one of the warriors speaking out. He smiled at me and I nodded, a sign of respect. Everyone agreed and nothing else was said. "As for the Beta position, we've looked through all of our pack and the new members we recently brought in. Mason Morris, originally from Yellow Stone was their Beta. He has kindly agreed to become our Beta, so from this day on his official title will be Beta Mason." He announced, glancing back at Mason and gesturing him forward. 

"I expect you to show him the gratitude and respect you have given me since I arrived here," I mentioned. Mason stood beside us, tall and proud. I felt like a kid at Christmas, having all the important people in my life so close to me. "We will have an official ceremony to welcome each member into the pack at a later date but for now, please mingle and get to know each other." He remarked.

The crowd dispersed and everyone started talking amongst themselves. I watched as Carson was crowded by a group of she-wolves who were fussing over Lillian... My niece, I have a niece. I have a full-blown family. Family isn't always blood and this pack has proved that. "We will have the blood exchange later so you are in the pack's mind link." I heard Dom tell Mason. I turned and raised a brow. "Does this mean I don't have to hide my Alpha aura anymore?" I grinned. Dom rolled his eyes, "You never had to hide it, you idiot." He chuckled. 

"Thank you so much for this opportunity." Ruby chirped. "It's truly an honour." She added with a smile. Dom nodded at her before walking off the stage and going towards his parents. "I'm so happy you're finally doing what you were born to do. You were born to lead." Ruby gushed. I chuckled and shook my head, "I'd be happy being underneath Dom, but he has other ideas." I rolled my eyes. "I bet you would." Mason chuckled. I laughed and nudged his shoulder with mine. "Go mingle, get to know the rest of the pack. I'll see you later." I nodded towards the crowd before heading over to Dom. 

"Alpha Caleb." Addi bowed with a playful smile on her face. "I'm still your anchor... Not that you need one." I chuckled. She shook her head and smiled. "Right, I'm going to find my mate. Don't be a stranger." She winked. I raised my brow at her as she walked away laughing. "Your sister gets stranger every day," I grunted as I stepped beside Dom. He chuckled and nodded. "Here are the keys," Rhydian handed Dom a set of keys and winked at me. Is everyone broken today?

"Ready for the surprise, baby?" Dom grinned at me, holding his hand out. "No." I deadpanned but took ahold of his hand. Amaris smiled at me brightly and I furrowed my brows as she chuckled and held her thumb up at me. "This day just gets weirder and wider." I groaned as we started towards the exit. "Oi, you two!" We turned to Alex, Ezra and Cory walking over to us. Oh, Goddess, not these three. 

"Just wanted to congratulate you on becoming our Alpha, man." Ezra patted my back. I lifted my brow at him, "What else? There's always something else with you three. You all have beady like mischief eyes." I pointed between them. "Actually, there is something, when you get there try to actually take in the place before getting down and dirty straight away." Cory snickered. "Fuck off, Cory," Dom growled. He laughed and shook his head. "I'm serious, Dominic. That took his ages to build, we had to-" Dom interrupted him by growling. "I'm just saying, don't get it all dirty... Yet." He winked. "Oh my goddess, will you go away." He groaned. I glanced between them all, "I don't know where we are going... But, we don't need a place to get down and dirty. Anywhere is good enough for us." I smirked as I pulled him towards the door. 

We arrived outside. "Where are we going?" I asked. He grinned at me and shook his head. "I wanted to shift but I'd rather you not be naked when we get there... I wouldn't be able to hold back." He chuckled. I scrunched my brows together, "Fine, we walk." I groaned. "Oh, no, we won't be doing that either." He smirked. I followed him as he walked around the packhouse. In front of the packhouse was a black and orange motorbike. I grinned at him, "We're going on that?" I asked excitedly pointing at it. He nodded and handed me a leather jacket that was on the bike. 

I pulled the leather jacket on, Dom's eyes darkened and he huffed. "Maybe this wasn't a good idea either." He groaned. I chuckled and shook my head. We put the helmets on then climbed on the bike, I got on behind him and wrapped my arms around his waist. "Nope definitely wasn't a good idea. I can feel you." He growled. "If you're good, I might let you fuck me over this bike," I whispered. He tightened his grip on the handles and his body shook as he growled. I chuckled as he started the bike and he took off. 

We were riding for about 10 minutes until we reached a massive cabin that looked more like a mansion. He stopped the bike, I climbed off and pulled the helmet off. I stared at the cabin, it was made completely of wood, with large windows scattered all over. It was absolutely stunning. "Do you like it?" He questioned, glancing at me. I nodded my head, I couldn't take my eyes off it. "It's ours." He whispered. "You got a house built for us?" I choked. He nodded and smiled sheepishly. "I want to give you everything you desire and that starts with a home for us." He breathed. 

I stepped forward and crashed my lips against him. He growled and pulled me closer. I kissed him eagerly, swiping my tongue for entrance which he happily granted. I thrust my tongue into his mouth searching for his. He moaned before pulling away, he rested his head on mine and sighed. "You're my lifeline." I breathed, gazing into his eyes. "I love you." We both said at the time. We chuckled and I wrapped my arms around him as he embraced me, hugging me back just as hard.

Dominic Knight changed my life and I'm going to spend the rest of it, making sure he knows how much I love him and how lucky I am. He accepted me for all that I am. I've always been his and he's always been mine.