|you're jealous?|

We strolled around the pack land together. I looked around in awe, everything was so modern and spacious. "That's where we live." Addi bubbled as we walked past a huge mansion. "That's not a house, that's a mansion." I blurted. They both laughed. "Just wait until you see your room, I picked most things." Addi gushed as she stepped closer to walk next to me. "You did?" I asked, looking at her. She hummed and grinned at me. 

"You should come to my birthday party, I'm 16 next week." She mentioned. "Yeah, I'd love to," I replied. I'm pretty sure I just saw her eyes sparkle. "The packhouse is just here," Amaris interrupted us as she pointed to my left. I looked that way and stopped in front of a huge white brick building. It was tall and stunning.

"How many people live here?" I asked, wandering my eyes at the many windows. "There's a few... Unmated wolves mainly. Most mated wolves build their own properties with help from the pack, of course." She explained. "But at the minute there is roughly 30, I think." She added. My eyes went wide and I turned to look at her. "That's... Um, that's a lot." I stammered. She chuckled and shook her head. "Don't worry, you won't be crowded with people when we go inside. Rhydian has warned them all off until at least the pack meal or tomorrow, depending on how you cope with everything." She explained, I smiled at her. "Thank you." I thanked her, I'm going to like it here.

"Sorry, guys. Addi could you show him to his room? I'm needed in your dad's office." She asked Addi. "Of course," Addi replied excitedly. "I'm sorry, Cal." She muttered. My heart skipped a beat when she used a nickname Carson used to call me. I took a deep breath as she furrowed her brows at me. "Yeah, go." I quickly replied. She looked at me confused before she turned and jogged into the packhouse. 

I turned to face Addi. She was beaming up at me, I was maybe a couple of inches taller than her. "You ready to go in?" I asked, raising my brow. She was staring at me like she was trying to figure me out or something. She shook her head before nodding and gesturing her head towards the door. It was uncanny how much he mimicked her mum. She was just like Amaris. She opened the door and held it open for me. I stepped inside and scanned my eyes around the huge entrance hall. 

There was a staircase which was huge opposite the door, there were 3 doors on each side of the stairs. "Do you want the tour down here or do you want to head straight for your room?" She asked. "My room. I'm a little tired and could do with laying down for a bit." I answered as I was still taking in the room. She tugged on my arm to get my attention, "This way." She chuckled. I nodded and followed her up the stairs. 

"The Alpha's floor is right at the top. I think it's only you and my brother Cory that have rooms up there so you won't be disturbed." She mentioned as we climbed what felt like hundreds of steps. Each floor had rows of dark oak doors, the walls were a cream colour with a brown outline just before the ceiling. 

We reached the top floor and my chest felt like it was caving in. "Hold... On," I panted, clutching onto my chest. "Oh Goddess, your ribs." She fretted. "Lean on me, I'll help you get to your room." She said worriedly. I shook my head and leaned on the wall. "I'll be ok... In a minute." I heaved. Once I had enough balance, I steadied myself and nodded to her. She gave me a tight-lipped smile and we walked down the corridor in silence. I was in too much pain to ask her what was wrong or even think about what I had done wrong. 

"This one is your room." She announced as she opened the door. I stepped inside and glanced around. The walls were painted a dark grey, there was a black carpet that looked so fluffy. There was a huge dark oak bed on the back wall with dark blue bedding. The wardrobe and drawers matched the bed, they were on either side of the bed. "My dad said you can change or add anything you like." She muttered. I stepped further into the room, bent over slightly. 

"Oh my Goddess, what's wrong?" Dom's panicked voice filled the room. I turned and saw him stood behind the door, underneath a huge television mounted on the wall. "My ribs." I sighed. I hobbled myself towards the bed and managed to lay down comfortably. The bed felt like I was lying on a cloud, it was so soft. Dom and Addi were stood at the foot of the bed, staring at me. They looked at each other before looking back at me. I closed my eyes and sighed. My pain was subsiding and I could feel myself drifting off. 

"What are you doing here?" Addi whisper yelled to Dom. "What do you mean?" He asked. I didn't have any energy left to tell them to be quiet or get out so I just let them argue over whatever they were arguing about. "You shouldn't be here." Addi hissed. I could feel the anger radiating off one of them, I wasn't sure which one. "I was just making sure he was ok." Dom countered. "What's your problem?" He asked. I heard Addi chuckle. "I see the way your face gets when you talk about him." She snapped. "You're jealous?" I could hear the accusation in his voice.

My head was thumping and my chest was feeling tight again. "Please, stop, go," I whined. I heard footsteps then the door close. I sighed, keeping my eyes closed and rolled over the best I could. I snuggled my head into the pillow and inhaled. The scent calmed me, I wasn't sure what it was but it had me sighing exhilaratingly before I drifted to sleep.