|epic fail|

"Dom, Cal!" Addi yelled as she poked her head out of the car window. We were stood waiting at the pack gate for her. Well, Dom was waiting and I was hiding behind him. "Will you stop being a pup and come out?" He growled through the link. "Nope." I deadpanned. He snaked his hand around his back and jabbed my side. "Fuck sake, Dom." I gritted out. I huffed and stood next to him. He glanced at me and smirked. 

The car slowed to a stop and Addi jumped out. She ran towards us and wrapped her arms around us both. "Goddess, I missed you both so much." She muttered. "We did too," Dom answered. She pulled back and glanced between us both. "Any progress?" She linked me. I raised my brow, confused. She rolled her eyes and chuckled, "I hope you've been keeping each other out of trouble." She playfully scolded, pointing her finger at us. "You're kidding, right? Trouble's his middle name." Dom groaned. 

I winked at her and laughed. "No, I've been a good boy, I promise." I held my hand against my heart for extra dramatics. She laughed and glanced back at the car, "Babe, come out." She hollered. A tall guy exited out of the car and came over to us, he leaned down and pecked Addi on her cheek. She blushed and giggled. "You remember, Thomas?" She smiled. "Of course, welcome to The Dark Wolf Pack." Dom greeted holding his hand out, every bit of an Alpha, I sighed internally. 

"Hey, man! I hope you have been looking after my little Addi?" I asked. He nodded and smiled. "Of course." He answered. I nodded and tried hiding behind Dom again when a leggy blonde tried seductively climbing out of the car but failing epically when her heel caught on the car and she tumbled out. I couldn't hold it in, I tried but it was impossible. I chuckled. I bit down on my lip trying to suppress the laughter. "Don't fucking laugh. I'm serious, Cal." Dom's voice filled my head. 

"I'm sorry, but that was fucking great." I guffawed. I couldn't stop it, the laughter was uncontrollable. Dom grabbed the back of my shirt and yanked me away, dragging me behind him whilst I was stumbling around crying with laughter. "Go home and sort yourself out." He growled using his Alpha tone. I raised my brow, the laughter all but gone now. "Did you really try and command me?" I deadpanned. He smirked at me, "Run along now, Caleb." He sassed. I glared at him, turned and walked away. 

"I'll see you back at the packhouse," I shouted, walking away. I heard him apologising on my behalf. I rolled my eyes and chuckled to myself. "I'm going to fucking kill you... All I can picture now is her falling on her face." Dom's groaned through the link. "How is that my fault? I didn't push her." I answered. He blocked me out and I grinned to myself. 

I was sat in my office going through the little paperwork I had. There's one thing I don't let happen and that's paperwork stacking up. I'm on Dom's case all the time about it. I hate mess and Dom is a mess when it comes to paperwork and filing. My door open and Addi appeared in my doorway. I beamed at her, she folded her arms and scowled at me. I sighed and rolled my eyes. "I'll apologise to her." I groaned. She stormed into my office and slammed my door. "Did you see her fall? Oh, Goddess, that was an epic fail!" She chortled. 

I chuckled and nodded. There's one thing I love about Addi, we share the same sense of humour and she can see straight through Lindsey. She noticed how she's always trying to paw at me. I know what she's done, she's told them she's come to give me a telling off. Only our walls are soundproof, so no one will hear any of this. 

"I thought Dom was going to pop a vein when you started laughing." She giggled. "Why did she come?" I asked, leaning back in my chair. She came around the desk and hopped up, sitting on the edge. "She thinks because you don't have a wolf it will take her longer to sense the mate bond." She rolled her eyes. I choked and started coughing. She chuckled and handed me the bottle of water sitting on my desk. 

She hummed and nodded. "She's delusional." I breathed. She giggled and nodded. Her face turned serious and she leaned forward, I leaned forward and furrowed my brows at her. She rolled her eyes and moved back. I chuckled and smiled. "So, any progress?" She asked. I lifted my brows and scrunched them together. "Progress with you and Dom, duh!" She ribbed, folding her arms across her chest. 

I rolled my eyes, "Addi." I warned. "Caleb," She countered. I ran a hand through my hair and sighed, "We aren't mates." I exasperated. She nodded, "But you could be. He hasn't found his mate, it's been 3 years. Take each other as chosen mates." She explained. I shook my head, "No, he's got a mate out there somewhere, I won't do that to them." I griped. She sighed sadly and grabbed hold of my hands. "I just want you to be happy, Caleb. Nobody deserves it more than you." She whispered. 

I stood up and dragged her up with me. I enveloped my arms around her, "I am happy. I promise." I muttered. She hummed against me and squeezed me. "Now, come on. I need to apologise to Lindsey." I groused. "Remember I told you off." She nodded. I chuckled and nodded in agreement. "I got a firm telling off." I whimpered. She grinned and dragged me towards the door. 

She led me to the pack living room, Lindsey was seated on the sofa with Dom next to her. Thomas, Addi's mate was on the armchair. I walked in and Lindsey's face lit up. I forced a snort down and took a deep breath. "Addison gave me a good telling off. I apologise for laughing at you falling on your face out of the car." I muttered, glancing at the ground. "It was wrong of me and I promise not to laugh when you fall again," I added. 

I looked up and glanced between everyone. Thomas's face was bright red, Dom had a scowl on his face, Addi looked amused and Lindsey looked... Like a desperate she-wolf. She stood up and flung herself at me. I quickly dodged out of the way causing her to fall into the wall. "Anyone want a drink?" I blurted while heading to the kitchen. "I'll help." Lindsey chirped. I groaned inwardly and stalked into the kitchen. 

"You get more handsome every time I see you." She purred as she followed me in. "Thanks," I muttered. You get more desperate. She stood beside me and placed her hand on my shoulder, "Do you feel anything yet?" She asked, gazing up at me. "Yes," I replied. "Really? What?" She responded excitedly. "Your hand on my arm." I shrugged. She chuckled and moved away, "It'll take some time since you don't have a wolf." She thought out loud. I ground my teeth together and continued making the drinks. 

"I heard you have a brother. My sister is a bitch too." She chuckled. I slammed the mug down on the counter causing it to shatter. "Oh, are you ok?" She whimpered. "Let me see." She grabbed my hand and looked closely. I pulled my hand away roughly and she backed away. "What's going on?" Dom asked as he rounded the table and looked at the counter and my hand. "I was talking about his brother with him and he accidentally dropped the mug." She explained what she thought. 

"You did what?" Addi growled, her wolf coming forward. My hand was clenching onto the piece of the mug I had in my hand. I could feel the blood pouring out of my hand but all I could hear was her voice and all I could see was him... My fucking brother.

"Everyone out now!" Dom growled. Thomas grabbed Lindsey and pulled her away from me. I sucked in a breath and whimpered. I don't think about him anymore, I don't even say his name. But when someone brings him up, which is very rare, it brings it all back. The pain of him breaking me. "I've mind linked mum, she's going to come and heal it for you." He whispered, cupping my hand. "Addi, come here and hold his hand. I'm going to remove the shards." He explained. 

Addi pried my hand open and Dom picked all the shards embedded into my palm. I winced a few times and took several deep breaths. "Ok, I'm here. Give him to me." Amaris blurted. She closed her hands over mine and smiled at me, "How are you doing, Cal?" She asked. I nodded and bit my lip. "I know, son, I know." She hummed as she removed her hands. I flexed my hand and smiled at her. "I'm going to bed," I murmured before leaving the kitchen and heading up to my room. "We love you, Caleb." Addi expressed through our link.