|he's nice... for a rogue|

Gerald cleaned my wounds the best he could but he couldn't do much as they needed stitching and dressing properly as they kept bleeding. "Thank you both so much for what you have done for me." I beamed. "It's not a problem, Caleb," Maria replied. "Don't forget to get Luna Amaris to let me know when you arrive there safely." She added. I nodded and smiled at them both. "So I go south to get to The Luna Pack?" I asked, glancing at the map in my hands. 

They both looked at each other before looking back at me. "Don't go to The Luna Pack, the Alpha is um, how do I put this?" Gerald looked at Maria for help. She sighed and stepped in front of me, "Caleb, you won't find the help you need there. Follow the route on the map it will take you straight to The Dark Wolf Pack." She explained. My eyes went wide and she smiled at me sweetly. "Alpha Rhydian and Luna Amaris are really nice. I've known Amaris for years." She gushed. "I promise you, you will be safe there," Gerald added. I nodded and glanced at the map once more before tucking it away safely in my pocket. I said thank you again and headed north. 

It must be a coincidence, the pack is called The Dark Wolf. They must really believe in the stories I chuckled to myself. I pulled the map out again, I should arrive at the pack in a couple of hours. Hopefully, I can get there before it gets dark. I continued walking in the direction that the map was leading me. I took in the scenery of the forest, it was stunning. Everything was colourful, with so many different varieties of flowers. I have no idea what they're called but they are pretty. 

I've been walking for what feels like hours. My arms and legs are stinging, the hoodie is sticking to the wounds on my arms and my trousers are doing the same to my legs. In the distance, I could hear water running. I breathed out in relief and took a quick detour towards the sound. A lake came into my vision and I practically darted towards it. 

I stopped at the shore and pulled my hoodie off. I crouched down and dipped the hoodie into the lake. I took a deep breath, sucked my bottom lip in and gently padded the hoodie against my arms. I bit down on my lip as I wiped the blood from my arm. I did it again on my other arm until the blood was gone. I breathed out then took deep breaths as I waited for the stinging to subside. 

I fell back to sit on the grass and glanced down at my legs. I took a deep breath and tore the sweatpants at the seam near my knee. I pulled until they were like shorts. I repeated the same thing on my legs too. My slices on my face were burning, my eye was nearly closed. I didn't have much vision out of it. I shoved the fabric from my sweatpants into the lake and soaked up the water. I took a deep breath then gently held the fabric over the left side of my face. 

I felt a hot breath on my neck and drops of saliva drop down onto my shirt. I froze with the fabric still covering my face. I turned my head slowly, a gasp left my mouth as I stared at the muzzle of a wolf. It backed up then shifted back to his human form. The fabric was still covering my face even though I'd dropped my hands down. 

"Well, well... You're not a rogue." The guy snickered. I shivered and shook my head. "What are you doing here?" He asked coming and sitting next to me. The closer he got, the more I could smell he was a rogue but his scent was different to any other. He didn't smell of blood and death.  "Who are you?" I asked in a quiet voice. He chuckled and shook his head. "Me? No one." He replied. I raised my brow and he chuckled again. "You're a rogue though?" I asked. "Yeah" He answered, shrugging. 

He looked at me and scanned his eyes all over my body. "You look a little worse for wear, boy." He whistled. I sighed and glanced out at the water. "What's wrong with your face?" He asked. I sighed and raised my hand to pull the fabric off. I winced and let out a choked sob, it was stuck. He turned to sit cross-legged in front of me, "Do you need help?" He asked, raising his brow at me. I nodded and took a deep breath. 

He tugged at the bottom of the fabric, my hands instinctively gripped his arm and I whimpered. "Careful, boy. It's going to hurt." He muttered. I let his arm go and slipped my hands under my legs. "Do it." I deadpanned. "On the count of 3." He answered. "1...2" He ripped the fabric off, I screamed and held my head in my hands. "I thought you.. said on the... count of 3." I stuttered. 

He chuckled and lifted my head. "It's better to- Fucking hell, who did that to you?" He growled. I shook my head and sighed. "Where are you heading? Do you have somewhere to go?" He questioned. I nodded, "I'm heading towards a pack" I answered. He bobbed his head and stood up, "Well, this is where I leave you. Make sure you stay safe, ok?" He stated. I nodded and pulled myself up. He turned and began walking into the forest, he turned and stared at me before shaking his head. "What?" I asked. 

He took a deep breath and sighed, "You look just like my son." He replied, his eyes giving off a faraway look. I shrugged and gave him a small smile. "Why are you a rogue?" I asked, it puzzled me because rogues are known for killing just for fun. He could have easily killed me, it's not like I could have fought back. He's nice... for a rogue. "It's my way of life." He winked before running off into the forest. Hmm, he's a strange person. 

I headed into the forest and continued my walk. The cuts on my arms and legs were burning. The only wound that didn't particularly hurt was my face. I could feel the blood seeping down my face but everything felt numb. I had been walking for ages when I spotted a wolf a few feet in front of me. I froze and held my breath. The wolf's head turned to me and I gasped, slapping a hand over my mouth. The wolf stalked towards me and I backed away until I hit a tree trunk. I slid down to my knees and pried myself under the tree trunk the best I could. The wolf stopped near me and a breath caught in my throat. 

Black fur like the night sky, red all over his body and his eyes the colour of blood...