|rogue bloodline|

A few days went by since my breakdown to Dom. I haven't seen him much, Addi says he's busy but I know he's avoiding me. He's probably just as confused as I am right now. I didn't even realise I was into boys that way. I see the way Addi looks at me and I feel bad because there's nothing there for me. I feel a connection with her, just not the way she wants.

"Are you excited about your birthday?" I asked her as we sat at her kitchen table. It's their birthday tomorrow and they're having a massive joint birthday party to celebrate. They'll shift and be able to find their mates, I'm excited for them but I can't say I'm not a little jealous, that they'll be getting wolves. 

The Moon Goddess still hasn't appeared to me but I've learned to wait and trust the process, which is what Amaris says. I'm meeting Amaris here after she's done what pack business she needs to do, I have questions that need answering and I know she will tell me. "I am, mum said I could have some close friends there when I shift." She mentioned cautiously. "If it's too much, just say but I would like it if you could be there?" She asked quietly. 

I chuckled and nodded. "Of course, I'll be there for you," I claimed. She squealed and jumped up and down. "Geez, Addi. Do you-" Dom froze as he stepped into the kitchen. He stared at me, his eyes fixated on me. "What do you want, Dom?" Addi rolled her eyes. He shook his head and sighed. "Nothing, Katie is coming round later so make yourself scarce, yeah?" He mentioned with his back to us. I could see how rigid he went when I sucked a breath in. Why does the thought of him with someone else hurt? 

I sighed and glanced at Addi who rolled her eyes and made a gagging action with her fingers and mouth. I stifled a chuckle and she cackled. "Come on, Cal. We'll wait in my room for mum." She said as she pulled me from the table. Dom was close behind us, I could feel him. "What now, Dom?" She hissed. "I'm coming to hang out with you." He shrugged as he brushed past me and made his way to Addi's room. I rolled my eyes and followed Addi snickering as she was making funny faces behind Dom's back.

We reached her bedroom and Dom pushed open the door. I stepped in and gasped, "How much pink, Addi?" I cringed. She laughed and ran to her bed and flopped down. "I like it." She shrugged, she patted the space next to her and I joined her, resting my back against the headboard. My ribs aren't too bad anymore, I get the odd twinge now and again but they're healing quicker than I expected. 

Dom scowled at me before coming over and planting himself in between us, catching my ribs with his elbow. I recoiled over and wheezed. "Shit, I'm sorry." He choked. He reached forward and touched my arm. I shook my head and held my hand up. "I'll be fine." I wheezed. "Why have you always got to be in the middle, Dom?" She groaned. He shrugged and leaned back. I leaned back slowly and took quick sharp breaths. 

"Are you ok, Cal?" She asked, leaning over Dom. He huffed and pushed her back. I nodded and smiled at her. I let my arms fall at my sides and chuckled. "What's so funny? If you say my bedroom, I'm gonna throw you out of my window." She snapped. "No, your bed is tiny," I answered. "No, you two are too big." She retorted with a smirk. I nodded and raised my brows at her. I felt Dom skimming his fingers over my hand now and again. I didn't move them, there wasn't much room on the bed and my hands were here first. I sound petty, but he's avoiding me and now spoiling my time with Addison. Dare I say it... he's jealous. 

He laid his hand over mine and stilled. I glanced down but didn't look at him. "So, what time do you start your shift tomorrow?" I asked. "3 pm." She stated proudly. I flexed my fingers a little and felt Dom stiffen next to me before he took a deep breath and linked our fingers together. He held my hand and ran his thumb across my knuckles. 

"Hey kids," Amaris walked into the room and Dom let go of my hand quickly. I sighed and rolled my eyes. "Hey." We all greeted. "Do you want that chat now, Caleb?" She asked. I nodded and stood up off the bed. "I'll find you later, Addi." I smiled at her before glancing at Dom, he had a strange expression on his face that I couldn't decipher. I followed Amaris downstairs to the living room, I stepped inside and my breath caught in my throat. 

Alex was stood in the middle of the living room, staring at me. "I can't believe how much you look like Brett." He snickered. "Alex, don't," Amaris growled. "My mum's brother?" I asked, confused. "Oh, kid. You're clueless." He chuckled. "This is fucking fantastic." He added. "I guess we owe you answers." Amaris sighed. "How do you know my mum?" I asked. 

"Maybe you should sit down, it's a long story." She mentioned. Alex glared at her. "Not really that long if you think about it..." He pondered. "Your grandfather kidnapped Amaris and me, pretended to kill me, brainwashed me, sent Brett to try and trick Amaris into believing he was her mate causing her Dark Wolf to come through and she killed Brett, then they sent another rogue who raped Amaris, they tricked me into thinking I had a mate, your aunt, and I killed her wolf by marking her, oh, then they killed your aunt tricking me into thinking this pack did it so I came back looking for revenge. Oh, and your mum killed our dad and Rhydian's parents and pack." He seethed, finishing his rant. "That about sums it up." He shrugged. 

My mind went blank, I couldn't think straight. My mum did all that? My family are rogues? I'm from a rogue bloodline? All these questions, more questions. I can't stay here, no wonder Alex doesn't like me. I remind him of his past. I choked back a sob and turned, rushing out of the house.