|heart flutter|

I must be seeing things... That's it, I'm tired, it's dark and I'm obviously hallucinating. I screwed my eyes shut and took a deep breath. When I open my eyes the wolf is either going to be gone or a different colour. I opened my eyes gradually and gaped at the wolf. He was still a Dark Wolf. Oh, Goddess, this is where I die! 

Suddenly another huge wolf jumped on top of the Dark Wolf and a woman kneeled in front of me. I recoiled and pushed myself further into the tree, "Hey, I'm not going to hurt you," She whispered, holding her hands out in front of her. I glanced between them all, the wolves had shifted and in their place stood two men. 

The taller one of the two had black hair that was messy on top of his head, he was staring at me with weary eyes. The other man had red curls pulled into a small ponytail at the back of his head, he looked exactly like the woman in front of me. My eyes trailed over their bodies and I gasped when I realised they were both still fully clothed. 

"I promise, he won't hurt you either," She claimed. She bent down so she was eye level with me. I watched her closely, "I'm Amaris, can you tell me your name?" She whispered. No, no, no... She can't be the Luna I was supposed to be looking for... That means their pack is like their actual name! A pack full of Dark Wolves. Maybe it would be best not to anger her. I took a deep breath, "Caleb." I whispered, keeping my eyes on the ground. "Caleb." She repeated, getting my attention back on her. I nodded as she crawled forward a little. She was scrutinizing me, looking over my body. 

"Listen, I have a special gift. I can heal wounds..." She announced, slowly. My eyes went wide and I pushed myself against the trunk. "No, I won't hurt you." She blurted before crawling closer to me, I watched her with alarming eyes. "Will you give me your arm?" She asked as she held her hands out. I slowly held my arm out and she closed her hands over my wounds. I winced as her fingers caught one of the open wounds. "Relax, I promise I won't hurt you." She whispered. Something was calming about her that made me instantly relax. I watched as a red glow appeared from her hands and my wounds closed.

She healed the wounds on both my arms and legs. I gazed at my body in shock. "That looks painful on your face, can I heal that?" She asked, looking at me sadly. I took a deep breath and scrawled out from under the tree trunk so she can heal my face at a better angle. She held her hands over my face, careful not to touch any of the open wounds. The glow appeared but disappeared again quickly. She frowned and removed her hands from my face. She looked a little closer at my face before pulling away. "Who did that?" She asked. 

My eyes darted to the floor and I pulled my bottom lip between my teeth. I didn't want to say who had done it because I didn't want the look of pity on her face. "You can tell me." She urged as she placed her hand over mine. Her hand was warm and soft and instantly made me feel relaxed. "My dad," I whispered. She let out a small growl and I pulled away, shaking slightly. "I'm sorry." She took a deep breath and sighed, apologising. "Your dad's an Alpha right?" She asked. 

My eyes went wide. If she knows who my dad is, she might tell him where I am and then he'll make me come back just to serve them. "Don't worry." She muttered, "You have an Alpha aura, so I know you have Alpha blood." She explained reassuringly. I sighed and nodded. "What pack are you from?" She asked. "The Yellow Stone Pack," I replied, staring at the ground again. "That's in Cornwall..." She gasped. "Why are you out here? What's your Alpha and Luna called?" She asked. I took a deep breath and glanced between them all again. The men had come a little closer. 

"Alpha Henry and Luna Malia," I answered, my body was shaking at the proximity of the men. All 3 of them growled before looking at each other. Their eyes were fogged over and I knew they were mindlinking each other. "Is Malia your mum?" The black-haired man asked. I nodded quickly before looking away from him. I couldn't work out who was the Alpha, they both gave off Alpha vibes. Since I don't have a wolf I can't pick up on an Alpha aura like I should be able to. 

"Where's your brother?" Amaris looked back at me, raising her brow. I furrowed my brows at her, how did she know I had a brother? I glanced down at the floor and sucked my bottom lip between my teeth and bit down hard, willing the tears not to appear and fall. "Hey, it's ok." The black-haired man spoke again as he kneeled in front of me. "No one is going to hurt you. Can you walk?" He asked. I looked up and stared at him. Concern was written all over his face. He glanced at Amaris, held a hand on her cheek before looking back at me.

So, this must be the Alpha. I nodded and he held his hand out for me to get up. I took his hand and he pulled me up. "I'm Alpha Rhydian, this is Luna Amaris-" He started announcing when Amaris pushed him out of the way, "I'm just Amaris." She smirked. I chuckled slightly and Alpha Rhydian glared at her. "And this is Alex, Amaris's brother." He continued. Alex watched me intensely, didn't smile or anything. I shuddered under his gaze and Alpha Rhydian whipped his head around, he must have mind linked him because Alex huffed and walked off. 

"Come on, let's get you back to the pack." Amaris placed a hand on my shoulder and gently squeezed, I winced and she removed her hand as if I had just burnt her. "I'm so sorry!" She blurted. "Here, let me heal it for you." She quickly added. "Babe, wait until we get him someplace warm." Alpha Rhydian chuckled. She nodded and gestured us to move with her hand. 

They seem so welcoming, not at all how I would expect a Dark Wolf if I ever thought they were real, that is. I followed them closely in silence, they weren't speaking either. They were probably discussing what to do with me in their mindlink. As we reached what I assume is their border, there was two men and two teenagers stood waiting. They all looked nervous, as soon as we came into view, the two kids ran towards us and flung themselves at Alpha Rhydian and Amaris. 

"What are you doing here?" Alpha Rhydian scolded. "We told you to wait at the house," Amaris added. I hid behind them, their height gave me enough coverage to not be seen. "You linked Lucas that nothing was wrong so we begged Cory to bring us to the border to meet you." The boy answered. "We were worried," The girl added. They started walking and I stayed close behind them. "Whose that?" I heard the girl whisper to Amaris. "He needs some help, so you and Dom go back with Cory to the house and I'll be home shortly," Amaris replied. 

"Everything ok, dad?" I heard a man ask. "I'll explain later, Cory. Take your brother and sister home." He replied with a sigh. They both turned to me and I watched as the two men led the teenagers away, the girl turned her head and stared straight at me. She offered me an amazing smile that made my heart flutter.