|not your fight|

I rubbed my eyes and was blinded by the familiar white light. I smiled to myself as I glanced around. "Caleb." Her voice was still angelic and soothing. "Moon Goddess," I replied. I watched as she came closer and I smiled as she appeared in front of me. 

"You come closer now, why?" I asked. She shrugged her shoulders and smiled at me, "You're not as angry anymore, my child." She replied, "You have grown up." She added. I chuckled softly and nodded. "Why am I a white wolf?" I questioned. She raised her brow at me, "Why wouldn't you be? You're special Caleb, everything about you. I watched as you watched your brother shift, you showed nothing but love for him even though you weren't granted a wolf. After everything your parents did to you, you stayed strong. You didn't turn callous, the pure and goodness in your heart stayed. I watched as you kept your distance with Dominic even though I could feel the pain and heartbreak you had." She smiled. 

"I grant one of my children a white wolf every couple of hundred years. A white wolf is rare, as you know. Just like my Dark Wolves, you are exactly like them only in a different colour. You can't reproduce a white wolf whereas a Dark Wolf can." She explained. "I don't understand what I'm needed for." I quizzed. She laughed and shook her head, "My boy, you are not needed for anything. My Dark Wolves are there for whatever is needed, I gave you my white wolf because of you." She answered back. "You get to live your life with Dominic." She grinned. 

"Why didn't you tell me Dom was my mate?" I inquired. "I wanted you to find that out for yourself." She responded. "Will I have any abilities?" I questioned. She shrugged and smiled at me, "Many of my white wolves have had abilities, some don't and some do. It all depends on the human side, I only gave my white wolves to those with the strongest human side. You are the strongest I've ever met. You were strong without your wolf, now you have your wolf, you will be unstoppable." She clarified with a huge smile on her face. Well, I can't have any abilities, I would have probably realised by now. 

"I'm helping to save my brother," I whispered. She nodded her head and smiled sweetly at me. "And that is why I chose you." She mentioned, "You don't have any malice in your heart for what happened to you. Many would have gone a different route but you didn't. You wouldn't have been granted a wolf otherwise." She added. "Your brother is sorry, I can feel it in his heart." She mentioned. I sucked in a breath and shook my head. "I can't let him back in." I sighed. 

"That is up to you. I just wanted you to know, Carson had a bad start in life. You didn't because I took your wolf when your mother was pregnant with you both. I can only give one white wolf that is why Carson never got it." She explained. "Why didn't you give Carson the chance?" I scowled. "He could have avoided all of this," I argued. She beamed at me. "What?" I questioned. 

"You had more pure in your heart than your brother and you saying that shows I made the right decision." She replied. "Plus, you are there for my Dark Wolves and they have a history with your mother. She isn't going to stop, Caleb." She warned. "Why can't you stop her?" I asked. "I don't get involved in situations my children put themselves in. Her fate will go either of two ways, it all depends on my Dark Wolves." She answered. "You're needed for the war but it's not necessary for you to be there... It isn't your fight." She added. 

She started fading, "Wait! Will I see you again?" I asked. "I'll always be here for you, Caleb. If you ever need me, speak to the moon when it's the brightest." She replied before she completely disappeared. 

I rubbed my eyes and sighed. "What's wrong, baby?" Dom's sleepy voice startled me. "The Moon Goddess came to me again," I whispered. I told him everything that happened when I first shifted and the conversation with her just now. "It may not be my fight, but she's my mum and he's my brother." I sighed. 

His eyes were wide, he wasn't saying anything. I watched him as he opened and closed his mouth. "You deserve everything, Caleb. If I could give you the world, I would." He breathed. "I am so proud to be mated to you." He grinned at me. "Out of everything I just told you, you only picked up on being my mate?" I chuckled. He shrugged and grinned. "But she's right, you are special and as much as I hate what Carson did to you... If you want him to stay in this pack, he can." He added. I pressed my lips to his and wrapped my hand around his neck, crushing him against me. 

"I love you so much." I whimpered through the link. He leaned back and stared at me, he reached his hand up and wiped the tears that were falling. I took a deep breath and smiled at him. "Come on, we have a long day today. The pack wants to meet Conan." I chuckled. "Woah, you change moods quick." He laughed. I raised my brow at him, "You were crying a second ago." He nodded towards my face. "They were happy tears." I sighed. He smiled and pecked my lips. 

"Come on, I'll get some breakfast ready while you shower." He smiled. "I love you." I breathed as he stood up and pulled on some shorts and a shirt. "You just love my cock." He winked over his shoulder. "Yes... You're just a bonus." I shrugged getting out of bed. "Shouldn't that be the other way around?" He asked, lifting his brow at me. I snickered and held up my middle finger at him. "Rude." He grunted as he walked out of the bedroom. 

I went into the bathroom and turned on the shower. I took a deep breath and sighed. I just want today over with so I can come back home and not have to think about that pack again. "Just warning you, your dad is in the dining room with Lillian. I can as him to leave for when you come down if you want?" Dom linked causing me to stop what I was doing. I sighed and dragged my hand through my hair. "No, he's fine. Leave him where he is." I replied, "Just getting in the shower, I'll be down soon." I added.

"So... you're naked and wet?" He groaned through the link. I chuckled to myself, he's insatiable. "Yes, now go away you're ruining my private time," I grunted. "Think of me, yeah?" He groaned. Not that I was doing anything that was obviously running through his mind, but a little wind up won't hurt. "You're hand feels much better, just so you know. But, it's always you." I moaned for extra effort. I chuckled to myself and continued with my shower as I blocked his link. 

I searched through my wardrobe after my shower looking for something to wear. I opted for some sweatpants and a hoodie, all I seem to wear but comfort before style. I pulled the clothes on and made my way down to the dining hall. As I reached the second floor I was stopped by Addi. "You and I need to have a serious conversation." She growled, poking me in the chest.