|welcome the darkness|

They brought me to the pack hospital. They ushered me inside, I tried ignoring the sideways glances and whispers from the pack members as they watched Alpha Rhydian and Amaris leading a stranger through their home. "Wait here, I'll be back in a minute." Alpha Rhydian stated before he disappeared around a corner. Amaris took a seat on one of the chairs and motioned for me to do the same. 

I slowly sat down, careful not to hurt my ribs even more. Now the adrenaline had faded, everything was hurting again. "Is there something wrong with your chest?" She asked, looking at me. I sighed and nodded, "I think my ribs are broken." I whispered. She gasped and shook her head. "Did all of this happen at your pack?" She asked. I nodded and looking around the corridor. 

Alpha Rhydian stepped around the corner, followed by an older man and a woman. "Caleb, this is Doctor Reeves and Nurse Thorne." He announced, pointing to each of them. I smiled and nodded. "They're going to look at your wounds if that's ok?" He added. I nodded again and stood up slowly. "His ribs might be broken too," Amaris mentioned, I watched as Alpha Rhydian's eyes flickered to red and my breath caught in my throat. 

Amaris stepped forward and placed her hand on his chest. "Go home." She ordered, his eyes snapped to hers. I backed away and pressed myself against the wall. "You're scaring him, Rhydian." She warned, "Go home, now." She demanded, her voice had an authoritative tone to it. There was no doubt in my mind that she had Alpha blood. His eyes flickered back to blue and he looked at me with sad eyes before pecking Amaris' cheek and walking down the corridor. 

She turned to me and gave me a small smile. "They will look after you, I promise." She declared. "Can... Can you stay?" I stammered. I felt safer with her here. She nodded and smiled at me, she took my hand and turned to the doctor and nurse. "Lead the way." She nodded. "He's a good doctor and she's my auntie so you have the best looking after you." She whispered with a chuckle. "Thank you," I replied quietly. 

We entered into a room and I glanced around. My mouth dropped open as I took it all in. It looked nothing like I would expect a hospital room to look like... There was a bed in the middle of the back wall with all the equipment a doctor would ever need. Next to the bed was a little one door wardrobe with a set of small drawers next to it. The wall opposite the bed had a huge flat-screen television mounted on the wall, the wall next to the television had a floor to ceiling window overlooking a huge field. A small two-seater leather black sofa was in front of the window with a small table in front of it. The walls were a pale blue colour with a wood design laminate flooring. 

"This is a hospital room?" I choked out. Amaris chuckled and nodded. "Even in the hospital, we deserve to be in comfort." She smiled proudly. I chuckled quietly and went over to the bed. "I need to examine you so for now Nurse Thorne and the Luna need to step outside." The doctor explained, his voice was calming and friendly. I nodded and smiled at Amaris when she raised her brow at me.

"You get 10 minutes Doc, then I'm coming back in." She said pointing her finger at him. "You got it, Alpha." He smirked at her and she growled before leaving the room. I watched them interact with each other in awe. This pack is so different to back home... No one ever had a laugh and joke with the Alpha and Luna as they do here. 

"Can you strip off to where all your injuries are please?" He asked. I nodded, he pulled the curtain across and stood behind the curtain. "Lay on the bed when you are finished, Caleb." He added. I pushed my trousers down and slowly pulled my shirt off, I winced as I lifted my arms. I began panting for breath as I rode the pain out. I climbed on the bed and laid down, "I'm ready." I called out. 

He pulled the curtain back, his eyes went wide as he took in my appearance. My chest had claw marks all over, there was a purple angry-looking huge bruise taking up much of my chest. My thighs had claw marks on them, the only place that seemed to be clear was my back and I only knew that because could lay down. "Your wounds will heal themselves. Alpha Rhydian said the Luna couldn't heal your face, is that correct?" He asked as he looked closely at my face. I nodded and sucked in a breath. 

"From the bruising on your chest I would say your ribs are broken but they'll heal, we can give you an x-ray to see the extent of them." He mused. He stepped back and looked at me sadly. "Your face is going to need stitches. We'll send you in for surgery for that because of how big and deep they are." He explained. "Do you have any sight in your left eye?" He questioned. I closed my right eye and shook my head. "I can't see anything." I whimpered. 

"Your wolf should heal your eyesight." He replied, nodding. I choked back a sob and another one before breaking down. I held my hands over my face as I cried, it hurt to cry. I tried taking deep breaths and I couldn't because of the pain in my chest. I heard the door swing open and Amaris was next to me. "Hey, what's wrong?" She asked, panic evident in her voice. 

"I don't... have... a wolf." I cried out, "It hurts to cry but I can't stop it." I wailed. I pressed my hands against my face trying to stop the tears, I screamed out in pain and began thrashing my legs. Everything hurt. The reminder of why I have the claw marks on my face, Carson breaking the bond, everything was too much. I couldn't breathe. 

"Sedate him! Give him something!" Amaris growled. She was prying my hands away from my face and there was a weight on my legs, someone was holding me down. "Ok Caleb, relax." The doctor soothed. "This will help." He explained as he gently pushed a needle into my arm. "Shush, get some rest." Amaris stroked my head until my eyelids became heavy. I closed my eyes and welcomed the darkness.