|nostalgia but not a good kind|

Fucking arsehole! Who does he think he is running out like that? And not a word about what's wrong. I've tried linking him but he's shutting me out... He needs to take his own advice, don't fucking shut me out. I groaned and sat up. I can't sense his emotions, he's shutting me out from everything, dickhead!

'Go find him!' Conan grunted. 

'No, he can go fuck himself.' I sighed. 

'Stop being stubborn and go fucking find him.' He growled. Aggressive much? I ran my hands through my hair and got off the bed. I straightened my shorts and t-shirt out before leaving the room. I made my way to his office, "Beta Caleb, are you looking for the Alpha." Lousie the packhouse cleaner asked. I nodded and she smiled at me. "He's at the pack hospital with Dylan." She replied. I nodded and thanked her. 

Why was he at the pack hospital? If something had happened why didn't he tell me? "Dylan, where are you?" I linked him, he'll tell me. Dylan is on patrol duties and Louise's mate so it's no surprise she knew where he was. I waited for a reply but none came. 

I stepped out of the packhouse and made my way to the pack hospital. It was dark now, everyone will be settling in for the night while I'm running around after Dom. He should have told me if something had happened, I'm not just his mate... I'm his Beta, I need to know these things. 

"Baby, I know you're probably mad... But I need you to listen to me and not freak out." Dom's voice filled my mind and I sighed. Hearing his voice soothes my anxiety and I fucking hate it because I wanna be mad but I also know he will have a good reason for doing this, well I sure as hell hope so. 

"Where are you?" I asked. I turned the corner for the pack hospital and stopped. "Here." He answered, rubbing the back of his neck. My eyes scanned his body, he had blood on his shirt. "What's wrong? Whose blood is that?" I asked as I got closer to him. I froze and inhaled. A deep warning growl erupted from deep in my chest. "Who the fuck is here?" I growled. There are only 3 people that have that scent. 

He looked uncomfortable, he was shifting awkwardly on his feet. "Dom, who is it?" I asked again. He sighed and shook his head. "Dominic, fucking tell me." I snapped. He winced slightly and I felt kinda bad. "I'm sorry, please tell me," I whispered. "Your dad and a pup." He answered cautiously, watching me. I dragged in a shaky breath and my hands started shaking. 

He was in front of me within seconds, holding my hands against his chest. "No one is going to hurt you, no one will get close enough." He declared. I nodded, I wasn't scared, I was angry and maybe a little curious. "Whose the pup?" I questioned. He took a breath before kissing my knuckles. "She's called Lillian, she's Carson's daughter." He replied. 

I felt my legs buckle and Dom held me against him. "She's 2, she's ok just pretty shaken up." He explained. "What are they doing here?" I whispered, it was barely audible but he heard me. "I don't know baby. He isn't speaking and Lillian is terrified." He answered. "Why didn't you tell me?" I pulled back and frowned. 

"I wanted to make sure he wasn't here to start anything with you... Baby, I didn't want him to get inside your head and make you doubt yourself. I was going to tell you just before you linked Dylan." He replied. I nodded and sighed. "I'll see him." I decided. I need to know what he's doing here, it can't be a coincidence that he's come where I am. 

"I'll be right beside you, ok?" He protested. I nodded and smiled at him. We headed into the pack hospital. I can't blame him for not telling me, I would have probably done the same in the same situation. "Maybe next time don't run out when you're about to fuck me." I groaned through the link. He stumbled forward and coughed. He glared at me and I bit back a chuckle. "I'll make it up to you, gorgeous." He smirked as we continued through the corridors. I am loving the pet names he keeps giving me. 

We arrived outside of a door and his scent hit me like a tone of bricks. It was like nostalgia but not a good kind. I shivered and pulled my bottom lip between my teeth. I don't know if I'm ready for this. Yes, I'm a different person from who I was before I left but the thought of facing the man who destroyed me, it's terrifying. He's going to see the permanent scar he gave me. 

"Hey, deep breath. He won't get close to you and if he says anything to upset or belittle you, I'll shut him down straight away. I'm here." He reassured through the link. I turned and pressed my lips against his quickly and pulled away. He gave me a killer smile and I sighed in content. 

I pushed open the door and glanced around the room. He was sat on a hospital bed with the little pup sat on his knee, looking up at him. They were talking, as I focused my hearing more, I could tell he was telling her a story. As my scent hit him, his head snapped up and his eyes went wide. He was looking straight at my scar and I suddenly felt small. I felt like I was back in the damn house just after he did it. Everything came back, I couldn't breathe properly. 

I clung to Dom's hand, trying to ground myself. I took several deep breaths before looking back at him. The pup turned her head and glanced at me, she gasped and her eyes went wide. "Gramps, why does he look like my daddy?" She asked in a whisper. My heart hurt, she was the double of Lily. Her tight ringlets were black and her eyes were a deep brown colour. The only thing she had of Carson's was his hair colour. 

"This is your Uncle Caleb, princess." He mentioned, glancing at me from the corner of his eye.